Windows 11 freezes/hitches when I change my monitors

SylarSylar

I recently got a couple new monitors. They are ASUS TUF Gaming VG249QL3A. I have them both hooked up via DisplayPort to my NVIDIA 2060 Super Founders Edition.

The problem I'm having is that when I change my monitors at all with Windows + P key, the system freezes/hitches/hangs for a couple seconds. It's not neccessarily something that is deal breaking but its quite annoying at the time it happens.

Things I have tried: using DDU in Safe Mode, and reinstalling the newest NVIDIA drivers when booted back into Windows. Just to be clear, I use the option in DDU to not allow Windows to automatically download/install drivers.

Things I have plugged into the 2060: two of the VG249QL3A monitors via DisplayPort, and my TV plugged in via HDMI. The monitors are set to 180hz and the TV 60hz.

Let me know if you need anymore information as I will be closely watching the thread.

Thank you in advance for your help and advice.

30 minutes ago, SylarSylar said:

I recently got a couple new monitors. They are ASUS TUF Gaming VG249QL3A. I have them both hooked up via DisplayPort to my NVIDIA 2060 Super Founders Edition.

The problem I'm having is that when I change my monitors at all with Windows + P key, the system freezes/hitches/hangs for a couple seconds. It's not neccessarily something that is deal breaking but its quite annoying at the time it happens.

Things I have tried: using DDU in Safe Mode, and reinstalling the newest NVIDIA drivers when booted back into Windows. Just to be clear, I use the option in DDU to not allow Windows to automatically download/install drivers.

Things I have plugged into the 2060: two of the VG249QL3A monitors via DisplayPort, and my TV plugged in via HDMI. The monitors are set to 180hz and the TV 60hz.

Let me know if you need anymore information as I will be closely watching the thread.

Thank you in advance for your help and advice.

Hate to break it to you but this is normal. Using my laptop and monitor in unison and same thing. It always hangs/hitches for ~3-5 seconds then lets me press apply. Or maybe there is some way to fix it and we have the same issue but I just came to accept it.

I edit my messages more than not –

Probably some dude on the internet

i agree with @Hellowpplz, thats kind of how windows behaves when switching around on displays like that. I dont think there is a fix to be found or anything.