Disconnected Second Monitor Causing PC Stuttering

Hello everyone,

I'm having a problem with Windows 11 (from what I read online it's on Windows 10 as well).  For my PC, I have two monitors to work/game, both connected via DisplayPort, and a TV that's connected via HDMI.  Whenever I disconnect the TV via Windows (when I'm not using the TV), my PC starts to stutter.  However, if I unplug the HDMI it fixes the issue.  It only happens when disconnecting via Windows.  The reason this bothers me is because if somebody is watching something on the TV (the TV is on but still disconnected from my PC via Windows) and I'm working or gaming on the monitors, then my whole PC starts to stutter until I physically disconnect the HDMI.  I know it's only a minor inconvenience to simply unplug the HDMI, but figured I'd see if anybody has had a similar issue and/or fixes for this bug.

Thanks!

This is a common occurrence. Having experienced this myself when my GF would want to use the TV while I was on my PC it would do the same thing. I just learned to only plug the TV into my PC when I wanted to use it(which wasn't very often anyway). If the TV is in use or on, it will cause these problems. If it's off or unplugged it won't. If you're not using the TV constantly with your PC and others are using it more I'd recommend just leaving it unplugged from the PC until you are going to use it. It's a little bit of an inconvenience but just how it works. 

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |