Cpu underperforming in Helldivers 2, any help?

I've been playing helldivers 2 lately but im noticing that my i7/13700f is running 100% 3-4 ghz when it normally runs 40% 5 ghz. This is causing my 4070 to bottleneck when in game and it only happens in helldivers 2. This screenshot is when im idle but sometimes my gpu sits at 60-70% and i cant do anything about it. Any tips?

Screenshot 2024-04-08 164331.png

thats your machine idle? what programs are using those resources?

3 minutes ago, Sindre244 said:

This screenshot is when im idle

If so you've got some very big issues to address. Idle means sitting at the desktop with nothing running and 1-3% CPU usage and near 0% GPU usage.

There's zero chance you're idle for that screenshot with 75% memory usage, 91% GPU usage, and 80% CPU usage.  Tabbing out doesn't mean "idle."  The game is still consuming system resources even while tabbed out.  If your CPU clocks down to 3-4 GHz from a normal boost of 5GHz, then you probably have heat issues and it's thermal throttling.  Install HWInfo and check sensors.

59 minutes ago, GuiltySpark_ said:

If so you've got some very big issues to address. Idle means sitting at the desktop with nothing running and 1-3% CPU usage and near 0% GPU usage.

Im sorry, i meant when i was idle ingame, settings menu.

13 minutes ago, Vicarian said:

There's zero chance you're idle for that screenshot with 75% memory usage, 91% GPU usage, and 80% CPU usage.  Tabbing out doesn't mean "idle."  The game is still consuming system resources even while tabbed out.  If your CPU clocks down to 3-4 GHz from a normal boost of 5GHz, then you probably have heat issues and it's thermal throttling.  Install HWInfo and check sensors.

I meant idle ingame(settings)

1 hour ago, emosun said:

thats your machine idle? what programs are using those resources?

Sorry i meant idle ingame(settings)

Even being idle in the game's menu doesn't mean a whole lot.  I understand it's something like Destiny, where the game doesn't pause because it's nothing but multiplayer.  Again, check thermals with HWInfo to make sure you're not thermal throttling.  If you are, you'll need to address a bunch of things: proper airflow, proper thermal paste application, check for plastic stickers on your cooler/CPU interface, etc.  If your case doesn't have good airflow, speed holes are always an option if you have a rotatory tool (Dremel, etc) handy.

6 minutes ago, Vicarian said:

Even being idle in the game's menu doesn't mean a whole lot.  I understand it's something like Destiny, where the game doesn't pause because it's nothing but multiplayer.  Again, check thermals with HWInfo to make sure you're not thermal throttling.  If you are, you'll need to address a bunch of things: proper airflow, proper thermal paste application, check for plastic stickers on your cooler/CPU interface, etc.  If your case doesn't have good airflow, speed holes are always an option if you have a rotatory tool (Dremel, etc) handy.

The gpu is 65-70 celcius ingame and the cpu is 50  celcius

1 minute ago, Sindre244 said:

The gpu is 65-70 celcius ingame and the cpu is 50  celcius

Also its not in the menu its ingame, i just pressed esc

19 minutes ago, Sindre244 said:

Also its not in the menu its ingame, i just pressed esc

Escape usually brings up an in-game menu.  Also, 50C on the CPU is fine.  I recall from the Origin PC/Best Buy secret shopper video that Helldivers requires the AVX instruction set.  Surely you have that enabled in BIOS?  Also, Intel uses P-core and E-core nonsense where those cores have different clocks, and they get hit with loads based on whatever their scheduler thinks is necessary.  I'm not totally sure how those will report in Windows.  HWInfo will have a better breakdown of clocks per core/thread.  It's possible that the clock speed reported by Windows is an average, and your P-cores are cranking along at 5200 MHz while in game like normal.  I run an AMD 5950X, so I'm not familiar with Windows' performance monitor for Intel chips.

Note the vast difference in clocks per core type for your CPU here.  E-cores range from 1500 to 4100 MHz, P-cores range from 2100 to 5200 MHz.  Just because you temporarily experience a drop in clock speed doesn't mean you're getting bottlenecked.  It just means the scheduler is doing its job.

2 hours ago, Vicarian said:

Escape usually brings up an in-game menu.  Also, 50C on the CPU is fine.  I recall from the Origin PC/Best Buy secret shopper video that Helldivers requires the AVX instruction set.  Surely you have that enabled in BIOS?  Also, Intel uses P-core and E-core nonsense where those cores have different clocks, and they get hit with loads based on whatever their scheduler thinks is necessary.  I'm not totally sure how those will report in Windows.  HWInfo will have a better breakdown of clocks per core/thread.  It's possible that the clock speed reported by Windows is an average, and your P-cores are cranking along at 5200 MHz while in game like normal.  I run an AMD 5950X, so I'm not familiar with Windows' performance monitor for Intel chips.

Note the vast difference in clocks per core type for your CPU here.  E-cores range from 1500 to 4100 MHz, P-cores range from 2100 to 5200 MHz.  Just because you temporarily experience a drop in clock speed doesn't mean you're getting bottlenecked.  It just means the scheduler is doing its job.

This is how the pc is on idle, and i do think my 4070 is getting bottlenecked when its working at a 60% load while ingame, also the cpu is at 100% which it usually isnt while playing games. 

Screenshot 2024-04-08 230459.png