Crashing GPU Driver RX 7900 XTX in some DX12 games (and games from riot) + question

Hey, i've already asked this in the games section but seems like i could give it a chance here too.

Since changing from my RTX 3070 to a RX 7900 XTX i've been seeing constant crashes in the same locations in some games.

KH 1.5 + 2.5 Remix (crashes after a couple of minutes) -> trying different settings didn't really help, different driver too, stock gpu ram and cpu also didn't help - yes i have googled this and tried basically everything with nothing working for me.

OW2 crashes randomly and doesn't load in textures and in some sessions.

When playing Valorant i sometimes get full on windows crashes, League does only crash itself and discord sometimes.

I've heard from people with 7000 series that they've been experiencing crashes in DX12 too when playing WoW, can anyone confirm this?

I will try out a GTX 1070 ti that i got to borrow from a friend today and see if it also crashes with that, as i've already tried different CPU, different RAM, new MoBo (got it for better overclocking) and also removed multiple parts like SSDs or PCIe Cards...

My question now is, does this also happen to people here with RX 6000 series cards? Can anyone here if possible try it in those games? Especially kingdom hearts 2 as i literally can not continue my LVL 1 run as it constantly crashes mid fight and also at the same locations.

I can confirm this did definitly not happen on RTX 3070 as i played through the whole game + Birth by Sleep and 1 with it.

I do wanna know if it works on 6000 series cards so i know what i can downgrade or (if i change my mind about RT) upgrade to 4080 super to if it helps me get stable performance (i can live without RT)

Thanks for the help!

2 minutes ago, TryRestart said:

Hey, i've already asked this in the games section but seems like i could give it a chance here too.

Since changing from my RTX 3070 to a RX 7900 XTX i've been seeing constant crashes in the same locations in some games.

KH 1.5 + 2.5 Remix (crashes after a couple of minutes) -> trying different settings didn't really help, different driver too, stock gpu ram and cpu also didn't help - yes i have googled this and tried basically everything with nothing working for me.

When playing Valorant i sometimes get full on windows crashes, League does only crash itself and discord sometimes.

I've heard from people with 7000 series that they've been experiencing crashes in DX12 too when playing WoW, can anyone confirm this?

I will try out a GTX 1070 ti that i got to borrow from a friend today and see if it also crashes with that, as i've already tried different CPU, different RAM, new MoBo (got it for better overclocking) and also removed multiple parts like SSDs or PCIe Cards...

My question now is, does this also happen to people here with RX 6000 series cards? Can anyone here if possible try it in those games? Especially kingdom hearts 2 as i literally can not continue my LVL 1 run as it constantly crashes mid fight and also at the same locations.

I can confirm this did definitly not happen on RTX 3070 as i played through the whole game + Birth by Sleep and 1 with it.

I do wanna know if it works on 6000 series cards so i know what i can downgrade or (if i change my mind about RT) upgrade to 4080 super to if it helps me get stable performance (i can live without RT)

Thanks for the help!

I would tell you to put it in troubleshooting but don't now. Also dont ever repost, I learned it the hard way. If you want to move your post back to the top I believe you can bump it once every 24hrs.
Give me a minute to read this and answer 😆

I edit my messages more than not –

Probably some dude on the internet

6 minutes ago, TryRestart said:

Thanks for the help!

Might be a known issue

4 minutes ago, Hellowpplz said:

I would tell you to put it in troubleshooting but don't now. Also dont ever repost, I learned it the hard way. If you want to move your post back to the top I believe you can bump it once every 24hrs.
Give me a minute to read this and answer 😆

Oh i didn't know about being able to bump the post, can't even seem to find a button for that might be blind haha.

2 minutes ago, Hellowpplz said:

Might be a known issue

Yeah i've seen this, that's why i wanted to ask in here if anyone with 6000 cards can try this game out or tell me if they've played through it with no problems or with them.

Being unable to play games i really love (besides valo lol or ow2) is a big bummer and makes me kind of regret getting this card as it does have great performance when playing other games.

1 minute ago, TryRestart said:

Oh i didn't know about being able to bump the post, can't even seem to find a button for that might be blind haha.

Yeah i've seen this, that's why i wanted to ask in here if anyone with 6000 cards can try this game out or tell me if they've played through it with no problems or with them.

Being unable to play games i really love (besides valo lol or ow2) is a big bummer and makes me kind of regret getting this card as it does have great performance when playing other games.

Try contacting amd maybe they have some kind of driver fix or they are straight up unaware of it. Either way hopefully can help.
Just to cancel this out are you sure your psu is beefy enough?

[ Thread locked ]

Please continue the discussion in your existing thread.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.