Custom Rom Error

I'm trying flash the latest version of PE to my OnePlus 7 for a project I'm working on. I unlocked the bootloader and flashed the recovery but when I try sideloading the actual rom it basically goes until around 45% then stops and the phone just reboots to fastboot and it seems like the stock os is also gone since it only boots into fastboot or recovery now.

Any help and ideas are welcome.

Thanks in advance!

47% is "normal" for flashing ROMs, less than that is not.

• Have you tried multiple times? I have had ROM flashing not take the first time, and have had to power down and reflash.
  • Is your ADB / Fastboot tools up to date?  You will have problems if you are if you are running out of date versions.
  • Have you tried adding the "-d" to your adb command? I know this isn't necessary, and maybe it's dumb luck that it seems to help on some devices. I've also noticed all the new Lineage instruction Wiki's include it, so...
  • I notice the Lineage instructions for your device specifically say "Android 12 firmware required." Then there is a notice about downgrade or upgrade as required. Usually this means 12 was the last OS available. However are you sure you have the correct firmware on your device.

Obviously you don't have the factory OS on your device right now, but I'm guessing you are aware you can return it to factory state at any time, using a fastboot ROM, or MSM tool? You can make your own fastboot ROMs, and you can update the firmware using fastboot if needed.