RX 7800 XT Driver Crashes

Hello, i currently need some help fixing my AMD GPU driver Crashes. I also JUST got this GPU. I have just installed windows (4/3/2024) and all BIOS updates / Driver updates, chipset updates, and Windows updates. None of that has worked. I have even reinstalled Windows 10 just to make sure everything is right. I honestly don't know what to do about this. If you need more info, just ask. I'm somewhat OK at pc stuff. Just not fixing anything in event viewerXD

The Error i get: dxgi_error_device_hung

Games Effected: Need For Speed:Unbound, COD:MW2 (2022). I have yet to test other games.

PC Specs.

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

COOLER: CORSAIR 360 AIO

GPU RX 7800 XT

RAM: 4X8 3600MHz (32GBs)

MOD: MSI mag b550 tomahawk max wifi

PSU: Corsair 750GOLD (2021)

CASE: Hyte Y60

20 minutes ago, Zerulian Zypheirrian said:

Hello, i currently need some help fixing my AMD GPU driver Crashes. I also JUST got this GPU. I have just installed windows (4/3/2024) and all BIOS updates / Driver updates, chipset updates, and Windows updates. None of that has worked. I have even reinstalled Windows 10 just to make sure everything is right. I honestly don't know what to do about this. If you need more info, just ask. I'm somewhat OK at pc stuff. Just not fixing anything in event viewerXD

The Error i get: dxgi_error_device_hung

Games Effected: Need For Speed:Unbound, COD:MW2 (2022). I have yet to test other games.

PC Specs.

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

COOLER: CORSAIR 360 AIO

GPU RX 7800 XT

RAM: 4X8 3600MHz (32GBs)

MOD: MSI mag b550 tomahawk max wifi

PSU: Corsair 750GOLD (2021)

CASE: Hyte Y60

Try a DDU and reinstall GPU drivers, are you running this card at factory settings?

Temps are all good?

This thread on Reddit also has a lot of good info, a few of the guys suggest running things with admin rights

System specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D [-30 PBO all core]

GPU: Sapphire AMD Radeon RX 7800 XT NITRO+ [1050mV, 2.8GHz core, 2.6Ghz mem]

Motherboard: MSI MAG B650 TOMAHAWK WIFI

RAM: G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO RGB 32GB 6000MHz CL32 DDR5

Storage: 2TB SN850X, 1TB SN850 w/ heatsink, 500GB P5 Plus (OS Storage)

Case: 5000D AIRFLOW

Cooler: Thermalright Frost Commander 140

PSU: Corsair RM850e

PCPartPicker List: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/QYLBh3

10 minutes ago, TatamiMatt said:

Try a DDU and reinstall GPU drivers, are you running this card at factory settings?

Temps are all good?

This thread on Reddit also has a lot of good info, a few of the guys suggest running things with admin rights

I have also used DDU with no luck. Also temps are good. I'll look into what you have provided and will respond back with the results. Thanks.

3 hours ago, TatamiMatt said:

Temps are all good?

So far nothing has worked. It will play games for a little, then it'll crash and say is this: DirectX function "GetDeviceReason" failed with DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG ("The GPU will not respond to more commands"). GPU: "AMD Radeon RX 7800 XT", Driver:23.3.1 (23.40.27.01-240313a-401413C-AMD-Software-Adrenalin-Edittion). This error is usually caused by the graphics driver crashing; try installing the latest drivers. GPUBradcrumbs:

11 minutes ago, Zerulian Zypheirrian said:

So far nothing has worked. It will play games for a little, then it'll crash and say is this: DirectX function "GetDeviceReason" failed with DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG ("The GPU will not respond to more commands"). GPU: "AMD Radeon RX 7800 XT", Driver:23.3.1 (23.40.27.01-240313a-401413C-AMD-Software-Adrenalin-Edittion). This error is usually caused by the graphics driver crashing; try installing the latest drivers. GPUBradcrumbs:

Could try a DDU and then install an older driver version directly from the website? Might be a more stable driver

Just make sure to DDU and install etc offline so that no updates happen automatically, and disable MSI centre as ive had that cause some issue before, do you have any other hardware controlling apps like Afterburner or similar?

System specs:

After DDU i get the same result. Even with older drivers. I also don't have MSI Centre. As for other hardware apps, i have none. I don't ever feel like i need to overclock or do anything like that. Everything is bone stock and windows was installed on the 3RD of this month. All i downloaded was the chips sets, drivers, windows updates, BIO's, game launchers like steam, and that's it. I have reinstalled windows just to make sure i didn't mess with anything. I don't care for messing with settings with windows or drivers because i don't want to mess something up. At this point as well, i have had Unigine Heaven running for a bit with no issues (Over and hour). However, once i play a REAL game the issue pops up. It could take 10min - 2 hours for it to crash the AMD Driver. I'm just at a loss at this point and thinkin' i might just need to get my money back. I stayed up all night reading and testing and i've never had issues like this with my older RX 6700. Still going to look for a fix but i feel defeated at this point.

Anyone have ANTHING ells? If not, i'm just going to assume the card is faulty and get my money back.

I'd RMA the card, i have a 7800XT and (bar helldivers but that gets a pass) Ive never had any issues or major crashing

System specs: