Live updating LED ticker tape

Hi guys,聽

At our bar we are currently considering option for showing the current track being played, on some sort of screen, to free up the staff from punters continually asking 馃檪聽We are really loving the LED ticker tape option, but it seems like it is prohibitively expensive, if it has to be automatically live updating. This has to be a software issue, right?聽
Does anyone know if;
1. it is a hardware or software issue that makes it that more expensive than ordinary programmable ticker tapes
2. whether there is a cheaper solution or work around, specifically for the LED ticker tape project?

best regards & thank you,聽
Escobar, Metal bar.

Moved to General Discussion

HTTP/2 203

How much space do you have for the display? RGB LED bars are fancy, but a TV running a digital signage platform would be more cost effective.

Do you already have TVs scattered around the place? If so, you might be able to use something like a Raspberry Pi to superimpose that information over the live feed.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

• 2 weeks later...

The tv solution would be an alternative. We are aware of that and it is a lot easier 馃檪聽I am curious about the specific issues surrounding LED bars, so when I say "work arounds" I mean we still want to use the LED bar :)