NEW GPU, can't decide

greeyt

hello there.

little background. I finally can give away my 6650xt to my brother but i'm unsure of what to buy next or just simply w8 soo i need some advices

mainly i'm looking into 12gb vram at least, maybe even 16gb cards since my resolution is 1440p and also recently I ve found a singleplayer games quite pleasant to play (cyberpunk and horizon series, rdr2, etc.) and for that purpose 6650xt is fine but on lower settings. And ofc i would like to prepare my pc for GTA VI, I know its impossible to tell what gta VI would be in terms of system requirements and till 2027 (expected year gta vi on pc will drop) its still really long time and for that reason it might be better to just w8 for now.

anyway my options.

1. w8 till gta VI official release date and system specs  and hope that gpu prices would lower down which its not realistic to expect, i mean look at prices now and as far as i know both nvidia and amd msrp prices on release of next gen cards re not gonna be much better plus im from EU soo prices re even higher. plus yea, i'm afraid of new crypto winter scenario which was painful for me since i ve been stuck with gt1030 and u can all know what i was dealing with for more than a year since i ve missed an oportunity for better card.

2. rx6800 for 470€, quite large amount of money, it might come with lower price, idk. 16gb vram aswel and quite nice power consumption.

3. rx7700xt. 430€, but my concern is only 12gb vram, othervise ok card for its price in Europe, on pair with rx6800 plus av1 encoder it could come handy in case i would start doing something aside of my current occupation.

4. rtx 4060ti 16gb model card. around 450€, DLSS and overwall nice power consumption but least favourite option from all listed above, we all know why plus my mobo is still b450 which lacks gen4 support soo another 100€ for new mobo (dont wanna switch from am4 for quite some time)

5. used market but with that im skeptical aswel unless i ve found a seller with original bill with warranty still on product and in good working codition.

what are your thoughts, concerns, advices, etc.? im really stuck and can't fully decide which one to go. in my hear it says 6800 but my brain tells me to w8 and gamble a little until gta VI system specs re released.

4 minutes ago, greeyt said:

hello there.

little background. I finally can give away my 6650xt to my brother but i'm unsure of what to buy next or just simply w8 soo i need some advices

mainly i'm looking into 12gb vram at least, maybe even 16gb cards since my resolution is 1440p and also recently I ve found a singleplayer games quite pleasant to play (cyberpunk and horizon series, rdr2, etc.) and for that purpose 6650xt is fine but on lower settings. And ofc i would like to prepare my pc for GTA VI, I know its impossible to tell what gta VI would be in terms of system requirements and till 2027 (expected year gta vi on pc will drop) its still really long time and for that reason it might be better to just w8 for now.

anyway my options.

1. w8 till gta VI official release date and system specs  and hope that gpu prices would lower down which its not realistic to expect, i mean look at prices now and as far as i know both nvidia and amd msrp prices on release of next gen cards re not gonna be much better plus im from EU soo prices re even higher. plus yea, i'm afraid of new crypto winter scenario which was painful for me since i ve been stuck with gt1030 and u can all know what i was dealing with for more than a year since i ve missed an oportunity for better card.

2. rx6800 for 470€, quite large amount of money, it might come with lower price, idk. 16gb vram aswel and quite nice power consumption.

3. rx7700xt. 430€, but my concern is only 12gb vram, othervise ok card for its price in Europe, on pair with rx6800 plus av1 encoder it could come handy in case i would start doing something aside of my current occupation.

4. rtx 4060ti 16gb model card. around 450€, DLSS and overwall nice power consumption but least favourite option from all listed above, we all know why plus my mobo is still b450 which lacks gen4 support soo another 100€ for new mobo (dont wanna switch from am4 for quite some time)

5. used market but with that im skeptical aswel unless i ve found a seller with original bill with warranty still on product and in good working codition.

what are your thoughts, concerns, advices, etc.? im really stuck and can't fully decide which one to go. in my hear it says 6800 but my brain tells me to w8 and gamble a little until gta VI system specs re released.

rx 6800 can be found new for under $400 (~370 euros), specifically the XFX Speedster SWFT319 version

Used market. New gpu prices are a joke now, and waiting 3 more years to buy a gpu is meh. You can find a 6950xt for a really good price, and it's way better than any card on the list

13 minutes ago, greeyt said:

If lucky you could get RX 7800 XT for similar price. 

Used market or aftermarket being the target...

I was lucky to get my 7800 XT for 440€ and brand new, except direct warranty.

Selling my  RTX 4070 now for 470€ but I assume most likely in another EU region...

I edit my posts more often than not

Would just increase the Budget a little and get a 4070super. Especially if you started to like single player games. DLSS might come in handy. 

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800x3D | MoBo: MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | RAM: G.Skill F4-3600C15D-16GTZ @3800CL16 | GPU: RTX 2080Ti | PSU: Corsair HX1200 | 

Case: Lian Li 011D XL | Storage: Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB, Crucial MX500 500GB | Soundcard: Soundblaster ZXR | Mouse: Razer Viper Mini | Keyboard: Razer Huntsman TE Monitor: DELL AW2521H @360Hz |

19 minutes ago, greeyt said:

1. w8 till gta VI official release date and system specs  and hope that gpu prices would lower down which its not realistic to expect, i mean look at prices now and as far as i know both nvidia and amd msrp prices on release of next gen cards re not gonna be much better plus im from EU soo prices re even higher. plus yea, i'm afraid of new crypto winter scenario which was painful for me since i ve been stuck with gt1030 and u can all know what i was dealing with for more than a year since i ve missed an oportunity for better card

Its 2026 for consoles now so expect 2027 for pc at the earliest

Honestlt used markwt is where its at rn

15 minutes ago, aren332 said:

rx 6800 can be found new for under $400 (~370 euros), specifically the XFX Speedster SWFT319 version

well not where i live unfortunaelly. where i live in Europe (Slovenia) cheapest is 470€, amazon de re having one for 400€ but from a seller which is sketchy AF and its known to be problematic, etc. and other shops does not ship to slovenia unless with postal service where a shop can send a product and then they can send it to me but prices re around 30€ more and we are on 430€ and yea, i ve could just buy it where i live for like 30€ more at 460€ price point, maybe slightly more.

4 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Its 2026 for consoles now so expect 2027 for pc at the earliest

Honestlt used markwt is where its at rn

yea similar thinking but yea, not much experience with ebay and here in Slovenia used market is medicore at best, 80% of gpus re sold like they re golden. recently i ve found a rx6800 for 400€, no warranty, used for minging, etc. not worth and its not only bad deal out there.

14 minutes ago, DarkSmith2 said:

Would just increase the Budget a little and get a 4070super. Especially if you started to like single player games. DLSS might come in handy. 

600€ cheapest where i live and honestly its too much money, heck even 470€ is absurd for me but ok, would be more comfortable with less money if possible. DLSS is nice feature but amd FSR is not that bad as some might think, just not on same level as DLSS, we will see what can 3.0/3.1 fsr brings.

19 minutes ago, Tan3l6 said:

If lucky you could get RX 7800 XT for similar price. 

Used market or aftermarket being the target...

I was lucky to get my 7800 XT for 440€ and brand new, except direct warranty.

Selling my  RTX 4070 now for 470€ but I assume most likely in another EU region...

I'm from Slovenia if thats helps. 7800xt is also what im looking for but for now 470 is hard to expect, it could happen thogugh.

41 minutes ago, greeyt said:

hello there.

anyway my options.

If you like Cyberpunk I'd advise getting a 4070S, it's a bit more expensive but the RT difference vs a 6800 is night and day

System : AMD R9 5900X / Gigabyte X570 AORUS PRO/ 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance 3600CL18 ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Eisbaer 280mm AIO (with 2xArctic P14 fans) / 2TB Crucial T500  NVme + 2TB WD SN850 NVme + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD drives/ Corsair RM850x PSU/  Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

32 minutes ago, greeyt said:

well not where i live unfortunaelly. where i live in Europe (Slovenia) cheapest is 470€, amazon de re having one for 400€ but from a seller which is sketchy AF and its known to be problematic, etc. and other shops does not ship to slovenia unless with postal service where a shop can send a product and then they can send it to me but prices re around 30€ more and we are on 430€ and yea, i ve could just buy it where i live for like 30€ more at 460€ price point, maybe slightly more.

yea similar thinking but yea, not much experience with ebay and here in Slovenia used market is medicore at best, 80% of gpus re sold like they re golden. recently i ve found a rx6800 for 400€, no warranty, used for minging, etc. not worth and its not only bad deal out there.

600€ cheapest where i live and honestly its too much money, heck even 470€ is absurd for me but ok, would be more comfortable with less money if possible. DLSS is nice feature but amd FSR is not that bad as some might think, just not on same level as DLSS, we will see what can 3.0/3.1 fsr brings.

I'm from Slovenia if thats helps. 7800xt is also what im looking for but for now 470 is hard to expect, it could happen thogugh.

Honestly for 600bucks a 4070super has great price to performance ratio and the best available Featureset on top of it. Cant make a better purchase, all other options have way more downsides. 

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800x3D | MoBo: MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | RAM: G.Skill F4-3600C15D-16GTZ @3800CL16 | GPU: RTX 2080Ti | PSU: Corsair HX1200 | 

Case: Lian Li 011D XL | Storage: Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB, Crucial MX500 500GB | Soundcard: Soundblaster ZXR | Mouse: Razer Viper Mini | Keyboard: Razer Huntsman TE Monitor: DELL AW2521H @360Hz |

31 minutes ago, DarkSmith2 said:

Honestly for 600bucks a 4070super has great price to performance ratio and the best available Featureset on top of it. Cant make a better purchase, all other options have way more downsides. 

yea but imo i'm not gonna spend 600€ on gpu, thats just too much money, even 415€ for 7700xt seems like alot of money but its new reality for sure.

1 minute ago, greeyt said:

yea but imo i'm not gonna spend 600€ on gpu, thats just too much money, even 415€ for 7700xt seems like alot of money but its new reality for sure.

Its only gonna get more expansive. And if you can skip an entire generation/upgrade cycle by paying more now you'll probably even safe money in the end. 

15 hours ago, greeyt said:

hello there.

anyway my options.

I've bought a second-hand Gigabyte RX 6800 for 293 euros, and it rocks. My previous card was an EVGA GTX 1080ti with a 250 TDP. Fortunately, the RX 6800 has the same familiar TDP. While gaming in Helldivers 2 with a usage rate of 95-100%, it only maxed out at 195 watts. And the RX 6800 is a huge leap from my 1080ti in terms of graphics processing. At max settings in Halo Infinite, my 1080ti could only reach 60-70 fps with 7GB VRAM usage, but now, my FPS can go beyond 160 (running with PCIe 4.0 and with Smart Access Memory enabled).

In my opinion, with a reasonable TDP rating and 16GB of VRAM, I think it's a good GPU.

image.thumb.png.96a5472bf081af8c032a43bd33715590.png

AMD Ryzen 7 5700X3D | Gigabyte B550M DS3H Rev 1.7 | Kingston Fury X 32GB DDR4 (2X16) 2666MHz | Gigabyte RX 6800 GAMING OC 16G |

Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE | 3X Rakk Maris Pro 120mm RGB Fans | Rakk Dulus Case | Gigabyte GP-P650G 650W 80+ GOLD Certified Active PFC 

Lexar NM710 M.2 1TB NVMe SSD Gen 4 | Crucial MX500 500GB 3D NAND SATA

KOORUI 24E3. 24" 1080p Gaming Monitor, 165Hz Refresh Rate, IPS Panel