Cheap LGA 1700 Mobo with Built In Thunderbolt support

Hello y all, i'm looking for a LGA1700 motherboard with built in TB4 support, my issue is pairing it with a QNAP NAS that use TB4 for high-speed transfers. I canno find anything under 300 euros that seems to have built in TB4 support. Stability here is the key, I had tons of issues in the past with this troubled system (the TB4 implementation in the QNAP firmware is TRASH).

The only mobo listed on amazon (sadly I have strict requirements on where to buy) is the ASUS PRIME H770-PLUS; it lists TB4 support but only as a header (and I cannot find any external connectors for it).

Any ideas on what to buy?

12 minutes ago, luhf said:

Hello y all, i'm looking for a LGA1700 motherboard with built in TB4 support, my issue is pairing it with a QNAP NAS that use TB4 for high-speed transfers. I canno find anything under 300 euros that seems to have built in TB4 support. Stability here is the key, I had tons of issues in the past with this troubled system (the TB4 implementation in the QNAP firmware is TRASH).

The only mobo listed on amazon (sadly I have strict requirements on where to buy) is the ASUS PRIME H770-PLUS; it lists TB4 support but only as a header (and I cannot find any external connectors for it).

Any ideas on what to buy?

Amazon.com: ASUS ThunderboltEX 4 Card, PCI Express, 2 x Thunderbolt 4 (USB-C), 2 x Mini DisplayPort in, TBT Header, USB 2.0 Header : Electronics

ThunderboltEX_4_Card_Compatible_ModelListaddB660H67020220111.pdf (asus.com)

Might just be cheaper to buy a better board with it integrated.

If you don't have to DIY the build with a socketed CPU, you could always go for a mini-pc or NUC that has integral TB4.

Ryzen 7950x3D PBO +200MHz / -15mV curve CPPC in 'prefer cache'

RTX 4090 @133%/+230/+1000

Builder/Enthusiast/Overclocker since 2012  //  Professional since 2017

22 minutes ago, Agall said:

Amazon.com: ASUS ThunderboltEX 4 Card, PCI Express, 2 x Thunderbolt 4 (USB-C), 2 x Mini DisplayPort in, TBT Header, USB 2.0 Header : Electronics

ThunderboltEX_4_Card_Compatible_ModelListaddB660H67020220111.pdf (asus.com)

Might just be cheaper to buy a better board with it integrated.

If you don't have to DIY the build with a socketed CPU, you could always go for a mini-pc or NUC that has integral TB4.

Most of the workflow is around Davinci Resolve, so I was thinking to pair it wik a i7-13700k/4070

I think B650E Taichi has 1 (USB4 Type-C) and is the closest to your budget.

X670E Creator has 2x USB4 (Type-C) and Z790 Creator has 2x Thunderbolt 4.

10 minutes ago, Tetras said:

I think B650E Taichi has 1 (USB4 Type-C) and is the closest to your budget.

X670E Creator has 2x USB4 (Type-C) and Z790 Creator has 2x Thunderbolt 4.

I don't know why but these in italy costs 500+ euros (the same for an i9). I think I will go with https://www.amazon.it/gp/product/B0BVKYWPFT/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?smid=A1S4YCLSM9BO6Q&psc=1 and https://www.amazon.it/gp/product/B08CVCWL2Q/ref=ox_sc_act_title_3?smid=A1X0M9U5WW1195&psc=1