Samsung 34 UWQHD 1440p-75hz (A-Lot Of Ghosting)

xivurs

Uh hey there, I'm basically in the need of help since my monitor is ghosting frequently. I've tried my hardest by tampering with the monitor setting, and I can't fathom it. I'm a huge single player guy, and I'm wanting to play games at a rate where I can witness the detail and beauty of it. I've taken my time of day to learn about basic knowledge about monitors and I don't think this was the best choice for me, and I've realized that I've wasted a lot of money on it as well. I didn't buy it from the manufacture, I got it from someone who's considered themselves a tech enthusiast and I've completely fell for it. I've tried going back to tell him what was wrong with it, and he didn't reply back. If there's anything I might not know about my monitor that could simply help this fact, I'll be more than willing to do it. There's a lot of good things about this monitor which I like, such as it being 1440p, Wide, and It being 75 Hz is alright, but there's ways to overclock it. 

12 minutes ago, xivurs said:

Uh hey there, I'm basically in the need of help since my monitor is ghosting frequently. I've tried my hardest by tampering with the monitor setting, and I can't fathom it. I'm a huge single player guy, and I'm wanting to play games at a rate where I can witness the detail and beauty of it. I've taken my time of day to learn about basic knowledge about monitors and I don't think this was the best choice for me, and I've realized that I've wasted a lot of money on it as well. I didn't buy it from the manufacture, I got it from someone who's considered themselves a tech enthusiast and I've completely fell for it. I've tried going back to tell him what was wrong with it, and he didn't reply back. If there's anything I might not know about my monitor that could simply help this fact, I'll be more than willing to do it. There's a lot of good things about this monitor which I like, such as it being 1440p, Wide, and It being 75 Hz is alright, but there's ways to overclock it. 

What exact monitor is it? Be specific.

It might just be that this monitor has a lot of ghosting.
Highly recommend doing research and checking reviews from multiple sources before any tech purchase.

Well, your absolutely right. I've actually learned from my mistake since VA Panels aren't the one's I'm aiming for now.

3 minutes ago, xivurs said:

Well, your absolutely right. I've actually learned from my mistake since VA Panels aren't the one's I'm aiming for now.

Good!  We all make mistakes and we learn from them 🙂

VA panels have come a long way but they still suffer from ghosting / smearing unfortunately.

I am definitely not a monitor expert so I dont know what settings to change to maybe help with the Ghosting, I do believe there is nothing you can do to completely remove it on a VA panel.

As a pure gamer myself I only go for IPS panels to avoid ghosting / Smearing ( Got 3 Nano-IPS from LG ) And they are great.

Non-gaming monitors typically don't have settings for pixel overdrive, which is needed for better response times and less ghosting. Since it's also just a 75Hz monitor that's also a limitation when it comes to motion clarity. Basically, if the monitor is slow it's simply because it wasn't a priority when Samsung designed this monitor. You won't be able to fix it without getting another monitor is what I'm saying.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

6 hours ago, Stahlmann said:

Non-gaming monitors typically don't have settings for pixel overdrive, which is needed for better response times and less ghosting. Since it's also just a 75Hz monitor that's also a limitation when it comes to motion clarity. Basically, if the monitor is slow it's simply because it wasn't a priority when Samsung designed this monitor. You won't be able to fix it without getting another monitor is what I'm saying.

Yeah, I've realized that. In all honesty, I like the idea of it being wide, and 1440p It just lacks a lot of the gaming aspects but I'll get used to this until I save up for something that I'm aiming for. It's actually disappointing since I've been told that it was a gaming monitor lol. I'll take this as a lesson to not buy something if you don't understand it.