Help me choose one of those PSU

Mark65428

both are good, but silverstone is more known company than fsp, so i'd go with silverstone

9 minutes ago, tkitch said:

Use this to help choose good units:

https://cultists.network/140/psu-tier-list/

Both are awesome Tier A units, either would be awesome.

Why?  They're both A-Tier units.  

There are other A-Tier options available for cheaper. They are great though.

21 minutes ago, tkitch said:

Use this to help choose good units:

https://cultists.network/140/psu-tier-list/

Thanks. In cybenetics report, FSP has rated A and SilverStone rated Standard . I think it does not matter much ? I am not building nuclear PC 🙂

11 minutes ago, BoomerL4D said:

There are other A-Tier options available for cheaper. They are great though.

I only have those two near me

29 minutes ago, Mark65428 said:

Both are great, but super expensive and you can get very good PSUs for half of their price, unless you have some monster build that really needs more than 1000W .. (like a 14900KS max power with a 4090...)

System : AMD R9 5900X / Gigabyte X570 AORUS PRO/ 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance 3600CL18 ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Eisbaer 280mm AIO (with 2xArctic P14 fans) / 2TB Crucial T500  NVme + 2TB WD SN850 NVme + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD drives/ Corsair RM850x PSU/  Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

6 minutes ago, PDifolco said:

Both are great, but super expensive and you can get very good PSUs for half of their price, unless you have some monster build that really needs more than 1000W .. (like a 14900KS max power with a 4090...)

Options limited but I like to learn. Also your info might help others

50 minutes ago, Mark65428 said:

Why are those the only two options? Where are you buying from, and what are you powering? I really doubt your system actually needs anywhere near 1200W, which should give you more PSU options. 

Among those, easily the Hydro PTM Pro. It has a higher hold up time, which could matter, depending on your electricity grid and UPS, but more importantly, it's quieter. It was passive at 600W on the Cybenetics report, while the Hela R was passive up to 360W. And the Hydro PTM Pro was also just quieter at all loads. 

45 minutes ago, Commander_Dork said:

Use a PSU calculator and look for one in here PSU Tier List rev. 17.0g - Cultists Network best advice I can give without knowing full specs of your PC

PSU calculators are useless and overestimate by a ton. If OP wants a random number, they're better off going to random.org. 

36 minutes ago, bal723 said:

both are good, but silverstone is more known company than fsp, so i'd go with silverstone

If you know this little about PSUs, please stay far away from trying to give advice on PSUs. FSP is a major OEM, just like CWT, which manufactured the Silverstone. 

35 minutes ago, Mark65428 said:

Thanks. In cybenetics report, FSP has rated A and SilverStone rated Standard . I think it does not matter much ? I am not building nuclear PC 🙂

That refers to the noise rating. If you have functioning ears, it matters. If you are deaf, it doesn't. But it's even better to actually look at the report and check the noise numbers, as it's better to know how loud it is under your specific system's idle and load, than some average rating. 

:)

13 minutes ago, seon123 said:

That refers to the noise rating.

The rate beside noise is for efficient ?

image.thumb.png.2800a83452bb4696a472709e15c9ea13.png

dont remember which one but highest is 50dba at 100% load so this is very quiet for me