Performance issues on prebuilt PC.

Hi! 

I have recently been through an absolute headache while trying to fix the performance of my PC and was looking for any insight/advice that could help me. 

My current specs are: 

*CPU*: Intel i7 12700KF

*GPU* ZOTAC GeForce RTX 4080 Trinity DLSS GDDR6 

*RAM* CORSAIR VENGEANCE RGB PRO SL 32GB (2x16) 3600 MHz 

*SSD*: SAMSUNG 980 PRO 1TB M.2
*PSU* CMG Series, CMG850, 850W Fully Modular Power Supply, 80 PLUS GOLD Certified, Ultra Quiet Fluid Dynamic Bearing Fan with Auto Speed Control, ECO Mode, Japanese Capacitors, Black

*MOTHERBOARD* : Intel Z690 Prime WiFi D4 

***CPU Cooler: RGB AIO Cooler 240mm
* Case Fan: 4 x 120 mm RGB fans

I play games at 1440p, with my primary game being Destiny 2. The main issue I am encountering is that the frame rates struggles to stay around the 150-160 range and randomly dips. Along with this, the game does not feel smooth and stutters quite often. This can be said for most of the others games I play as well. 

My temperatures appear to be fine, the CPU nor the GPU ever go over 60 degrees. I have tried doing a clean install on all of my GPU drivers, lowering in game settings, testing VSYNC on and off, and even setting framerate caps and I still have stuttering issues. I would like to note that I have not changed my thermal paste on the CPU since buying this PC in 2022, but am unsure if this would cause these issues seeing as the temperatures are okay. 

I am unsure whether I need an upgrade somewhere, or if there is another issue that I can not find. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated! 

You say it's a pre-built, but who was it built by?

It was purchased from Newegg, it’s an ABS prebuilt. I will add the link to the original build below. I have since replaced the GPU, Power Supply, RAM, and added an additional 1TB M.2. 

Check this out on @Newegg:ABS Gladiator Gaming PC Intel i7 12700KF GeForce RTX 3070 Ti 16GB DDR4 3000MHz 1TB M.2 NVMe SSD

Did you perform a fresh install of Windows after replacing all those components?

9 hours ago, johnt said:

Did you perform a fresh install of Windows after replacing all those components?

I did not