Apple Music slowdown/stuttering when phone locked

okkee

Hi. I've got an A04s and switched to apple music beginning of the tear and its been smooth sailing. However, after the March 27th update, there's been one disturbing bug and it only happens with Apple Music. If playing music and the screen is locked (and dark) then it just had this horrible stutter. it's kinda like a slowdown but it just makes the whole thing unbearable. Another weird thing is that it seems to only happen if i'm online, if i turn off my networking then it just works properly. So am I doing something wrong or is this just something to live with?

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/3/2024 at 6:51 AM, okkee said:

Hi. I've got an A04s and switched to apple music beginning of the tear and its been smooth sailing. However, after the March 27th update, there's been one disturbing bug and it only happens with Apple Music. If playing music and the screen is locked (and dark) then it just had this horrible stutter. it's kinda like a slowdown but it just makes the whole thing unbearable. Another weird thing is that it seems to only happen if i'm online, if i turn off my networking then it just works properly. So am I doing something wrong or is this just something to live with?

problem seems to have been solved by turning off the moving album covers. just in case you have the same problem. only other thing i did that might have had some impact was unmount/mount sd card but i don't think that's it.