Is Ryzen 5 7600x worth the upgrade for Long term?

Hi,

I have Intel i7 7700k CPU, so thinking to move to Ryzen now so is 7600x worth the upgrade cause I can't buy cpu now and then, so kinda making one time investment for minimum 5 years. 

Will this be enough to play mordern Games and do other productivity stuff in it?

Just now, Voxsama said:

Hi,

I have Intel i7 7700k CPU, so thinking to move to Ryzen now so is 7600x worth the upgrade cause I can't buy cpu now and then, so kinda making one time investment for minimum 5 years. 

Will this be enough to play mordern Games and do other productivity stuff in it?

Well... AMD is still launching AM4 processors even today so... for longevity, I would also consider an AM5 CPU. The non-X could be a better choice in most cases.

14 minutes ago, BoomerL4D said:

Well... AMD is still launching AM4 processors even today so... for longevity, I would also consider an AM5 CPU. The non-X could be a better choice in most cases.

Non X cause of the Heat? Don't X means more performance?

Just now, Voxsama said:

Non X cause of the Heat? Don't X means more performance?

The X and non-X 7600 perform identically if you enable PBO, so you just get whichever is cheaper. 

30 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

The X and non-X 7600 perform identically if you enable PBO, so you just get whichever is cheaper. 

Which motherboard would be best for it I do need wifi in it 

50 minutes ago, Voxsama said:

Which motherboard would be best for it I do need wifi in it 

Where are you shopping for boards? Basically any AM5 board would be fine, though try for at least a B650 board. There are tons of boards that would work fine for this, B650M-HDV/M.2 with a $20 WiFi card, B650M DS3H AX, B650-S Pro WiFi, B650M-A WiFi, etc. 

58 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

Where are you shopping for boards? Basically any AM5 board would be fine, though try for at least a B650 board. There are tons of boards that would work fine for this, B650M-HDV/M.2 with a $20 WiFi card, B650M DS3H AX, B650-S Pro WiFi, B650M-A WiFi, etc. 

So this is happening to my Old PC any idea what could be the cause?,

I have removed the Ram and put it back in and removed the CPU cleaned it and put fresh thermal paste and still this this happening so is the CPU is fried?

30 minutes ago, Voxsama said:

So this is happening to my Old PC any idea what could be the cause?,

I have removed the Ram and put it back in and removed the CPU cleaned it and put fresh thermal paste and still this this happening so is the CPU is fried?

Check for bent pins and that the CPU power connectors are hooked up correctly. Doing a Clear CMOS is also a good idea.