Story time with Kevin plus more!

Kevin Beam

First of all if this is in the wrong part of the forum Moderators please feel free to move it.

This topic is going to not only share my experiences with computers and goofy repair stories but I want the community to contribute hence the plus more. What I'm going to share is my knowledge of being able to diagnose fix something the right way but sometimes a time comes where you need to do it the "wrong" way to get things to work, sort of like Linus' video about modding a fan to get to run at 7v. First story of my wonderful "repair skills" is the time when I wanted to change the thermal paste on PS3 I got the face plate off but some moron named Kevin stripped a power supply screw. I then, while swearing, realized what I have done so I then had to come up with a un-conventional solution involving a man and his drill. So as I plugged the battery into my best friend I had to think to myself "do I want to deal with broken console now or do I want to break it now?' So i drilled through the screw in about 20 minutes and got to replace that all important compound with something better. After putting the console back together I was somewhat dreading plugging it in. Guess what happened, I was killing some zombies that night.

This story goes to show you how a little bit of ingenuity can make a horrible mistake better. A little thing I would like to mention don't take this post as me trying to be a know it all the point of this article is to simply share a experience that shows how humans can make mistakes but at the same time fix the problem. If you guys like these post I will post more if you don't please be honest and tell me what was wrong about it.

If you have any stories you want to share please share it!

-Kevin Beam

Guy comes home tells his wife to pack her bags, she says "where are we going?" guy replies "I don't know where you're going to just be out of here by five."