Laptop fix?

Hi everyone!

I have an old laptop which in trying to turn on, I have dropped it a few times causing the computer to not power on anymore.

I have opened up the laptop to see if any physical damage can be found so I can replace it.

I'll attach an image to this post.

I cannot seem to find what the issue is? I know the keyboard isn't the issue, not  the battery, not the screen but It possibly seems to the the motherboard?

The laptop power light turns on, the battery indicator is showing as charging and showing a white light when charged.

Sometimes the laptop turns on but nothing happens then after a while turns off..

Can someone find any damage on the board from the image?

PXL_20240331_191638946.thumb.jpg.e72e16e9ab0676d10e2337edf02ba610.jpgPXL_20240331_190606746.thumb.jpg.1c9eea56982a8cfca58c6935bb361f78.jpg

it would be helpful to give us what laptop brand/model it is.  So we can help further.  Whatever the case seems to be, that seems to be quite the odd laptop. I never seen a motherboard like that before. It seems to be one of those really really cheapo laptops?

AFAIK i can't see anything wrong with it. It just might've been borked internally or something so small you can't notice it.   If you need another laptop. I would suggest going on ebay and buying refurbished/used HP or DELL  Elitebooks or latitudes respectively you can find them dime a dozen and in the 200-300$ range or cheaper.

6 minutes ago, code_ said:

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

What laptop is this?

This looks like one of those old super low end hp chromebooks/low end windows pcs.

if it's that you can buy a better laptop for under 100$ on ebay and I'd not waste a single cent on this.

Gah damn that thing is empty. Is the storage soldered or something? O_o

That looks like this thing that was sold for <$100 a few years ago...

Only thing that looks a bit off at a glance is the orange flex not being seated straight onto the mainboard.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

Yeah, that looks like an HP stream book, so it's just dead. Ewaste when built, ewaste now.

I've had a similar experience. One I opened my old (now sold) Lenovo Flex 10 (Small, touchscreen laptop running windows 8.1) to try to repaste it. It had a similar passive cooling solution. It had thermal pads which transferred heat to the metal plate. I tried replacing the dried up pads with some paste, but it didn't start afterwords (or turned off after flashing). Turns out, the pads not only transferred heat, but also prevented the metal plate from shorting the pins on motherboard. 

I think in your case, since you dropped it, maybe the plate twisted (since there isn't much to provide structural support inside the laptop) and now it is somehow making contact with the motherboard. I'd suggest checking that. If your laptop had some sort of shortcircuit protection, it would be fine.. Otherwise its probably dead.