GPU upgrade

So i have an rx 580 2048sp and a i5 9400f and i found a rx 6600 for 180€ and i thought of buying it but i was afraid of amd drivers not suporting it after 1 year or 2 

Should i be conserned or no?

1 minute ago, zezocas12345 said:

Should i be concerned or no?

RDNA 2 should be supported for a long while yet.

11 minutes ago, zezocas12345 said:

So i have an rx 580 2048sp and a i5 9400f and i found a rx 6600 for 180€ and i thought of buying it but i was afraid of amd drivers not suporting it after 1 year or 2 

I would worry at all.  AMD are still supported R9 390's and RX480's.

There are so many people running the RX 6000 series so they will support those cards for another 8+ years at least.

1 hour ago, zezocas12345 said:

nope youll be fine

i assume thats new pricing? if so then dont bother buying new and get a used 6700xt for around the same price and that new 6600

even that 6 year old polaris rx 580 you are using still has driver support so a used 6700xt or maybe even a used 6600xt/5700xt (equiv to a used 6600xt) depending on your local used market will still be supported for quite a few more years if your current card is anything to go by

1 hour ago, Hinjima said:

I would worry at all.  AMD are still supported R9 390's and RX480's.

There are so many people running the RX 6000 series so they will support those cards for another 8+ years at least.

And it will not bottleneck at 1080p(Most bottleck calculator give +30% bottleneck)

29 minutes ago, zezocas12345 said:

And it will not bottleneck at 1080p(Most bottleck calculator give +30% bottleneck)

Bottlneck calculators are bullshit.

What games do you play? The i5 you have is a 6core/6thread i5 so not hyperthreading and it being only 6 threads will give stuttering in a fair few games. Unfortunately you don't have any good cheap cpu upgrades on your platform so that is kinda stuck.

Also what psu do you have? Make and model.

50 minutes ago, zezocas12345 said:

It depends on the game and your settings, so nobody can give you a reliable percentage.

The 9400F is still alright for gaming in 2024, but for the newer AAA games, it will struggle because of the low clock speed and lack of hyperthreading.

In an ideal world, something like a 12600KF (currently on sale @ $125) would be a great upgrade, but even with a cheap motherboard that's still going to double your upgrade cost (or more).

4 hours ago, Tetras said:

It depends on the game and your settings, so nobody can give you a reliable percentage.

The 9400F is still alright for gaming in 2024, but for the newer AAA games, it will struggle because of the low clock speed and lack of hyperthreading.

In an ideal world, something like a 12600KF (currently on sale @ $125) would be a great upgrade, but even with a cheap motherboard that's still going to double your upgrade cost (or more).

Mostly red dead 2 and fortnite 
But sometimes i play AAA games like tlou