Kali Linux seems stuck on install

Go to solution Solved by BeakerLink,

The two things I might recommend is using a different USB drive and/or flashing kali to the drive using Rufus. I have never used kali so I don’t know much about it but I hope this helps.

I’m installing kali linux on my hp elitebook 840 g3 but for the second time it seems stuck. It said that spraykatz is getting extracted. The first time it was stuck on about the same spot just that it extracted something different. I’m installing it from a live usb 3.0 stick with ventoy from the 11 gb “offline” installer to a Samsung sata ssd. I set it to install gnome and the largest application pack. Does it just take time or have I done something wrong? Regards

The two things I might recommend is using a different USB drive and/or flashing kali to the drive using Rufus. I have never used kali so I don’t know much about it but I hope this helps.

Don't install Kali Linux on hardware unless it's a dedicated pen testing device.

Why because Kali Linux is not designed for daily driver use.

3 hours ago, BeakerLink said:

Worked!

11 hours ago, 10leej said:

Don't install Kali Linux on hardware unless it's a dedicated pen testing device.

Why because Kali Linux is not designed for daily driver use.

if your daily driver means just firefox web browsing or chrome, it is more than capable. 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

On 3/29/2024 at 10:17 PM, wasab said:

if your daily driver means just firefox web browsing or chrome, it is more than capable. 

Thats also not an intended use case for Kali Linux as they dont actively work on auditing security patches.

39 minutes ago, 10leej said:

Thats also not an intended use case for Kali Linux as they dont actively work on auditing security patches.

linux can be mod into whatever you want it to though. on ubuntu, you can apt install everything on kali even if it is not meant for pen testing just like on windows you can install pentest software and use it for such purposes if you need to. 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

2 hours ago, wasab said:

linux can be mod into whatever you want it to though. on ubuntu, you can apt install everything on kali even if it is not meant for pen testing just like on windows you can install pentest software and use it for such purposes if you need to. 

But kali serves core system components from their own repo which is downstream of debian. And take no time to repackage debian security updates until someone does it for them.

This is a big problem for a desktop user. So no Dont use Kali