Should I upgrade?

I have a overclocked 4790k @4.8ghz which goes up to like 96c while opening games, although in game its like 70c avg. My gpu is a overclocked rtx 2060 evga ko ultra +100 core +800 memory and i have 24gb ddr3 2133mhz ram. Im kind of tired of having shitty performance out of that cpu. Should i sell the cpu, the motherboard (asus z97-c), my ram, and some random dual fan gtx 1050 ti for 200 USD? The 1050 ti overclocks really well btw, something like almost 2ghz on the core I think. Then ill buy a ryzen 3600x, b450 msi mobo, and some $30 ddr4 16gb 3200mhz kit (all together it costs under $200, i have found used deals).

Also is buying a cpu and mobo of aliexpress safe or not really?

The b450 mobo on aliexpress does not come with a cmos battery, I have like 3 random cmos batteries lying around. They should be compatible right?

The mobo is fully functional with the battery, according to the seller.

I have a tower cpu cooler and a aio, so cooling is not a problem

10 minutes ago, aren332 said:

Im kind of tired of having shitty performance out of that cpu.

In what circumstances do you have shitty performance? 4 core CPUs are starting to show their age, but most games are still decently playable, so it would help to know what you're trying to achieve.

To be more explicit: in some games (especially older ones) you might find that a 3600X is actually slower than your 4790K @ 4.8 Ghz, so we really need to know the specifics here.

2 minutes ago, Tetras said:

In what circumstances do you have shitty performance? 4 core CPUs are starting to show their age, but most games are still decently playable, so it would help to know what you're trying to achieve.

To be more explicit: in some games (especially older ones) you might find that a 3600X is actually slower than your 4790K @ 4.8 Ghz, so we really need to know the specifics here.

mostly stuttering, some games like cs2 are fine, but fortnite stutters a lot, like alot. And  the 4790k is 4.8ghz single core only, all core it does 4.6ghz, anything above that was unstable/required very high voltages. I think it also has to do something with having ddr3.

19 minutes ago, aren332 said:

mostly stuttering, some games like cs2 are fine, but fortnite stutters a lot, like alot. And  the 4790k is 4.8ghz single core only, all core it does 4.6ghz, anything above that was unstable/required very high voltages. I think it also has to do something with having ddr3.

Fortnite stutters in general, even on high end systems apparently, there's workarounds that lower the stuttering in settings and stuff, but I don't really know that, @PowerPCFan might know

Note: Users receive notifications after Mentions & Quotes. 

Feel free to ask any questions regarding my comments/build lists. I know a lot about PCs but not everything.

PC:

Ryzen 5 5600 |16GB DDR4 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1080 ti

PCs I used before:

Pentium G4500 | 4GB/8GB DDR4 2133Mhz | H110 | GTX 1050

Ryzen 3 1200 3,5Ghz / OC:4Ghz | 8GB DDR4 2133Mhz / 16GB 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1050

Ryzen 3 1200 3,5Ghz | 16GB 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1080 ti

48 minutes ago, aren332 said:

I have a overclocked 4790k @4.8ghz which goes up to like 96c while opening games, although in game its like 70c avg. My gpu is a overclocked rtx 2060 evga ko ultra +100 core +800 memory and i have 24gb ddr3 2133mhz ram. Im kind of tired of having shitty performance out of that cpu. Should i sell the cpu, the motherboard (asus z97-c), my ram, and some random dual fan gtx 1050 ti for 200 USD? The 1050 ti overclocks really well btw, something like almost 2ghz on the core I think. Then ill buy a ryzen 3600x, b450 msi mobo, and some $30 ddr4 16gb 3200mhz kit (all together it costs under $200, i have found used deals).

Also is buying a cpu and mobo of aliexpress safe or not really?

The b450 mobo on aliexpress does not come with a cmos battery, I have like 3 random cmos batteries lying around. They should be compatible right?

The mobo is fully functional with the battery, according to the seller.

I have a tower cpu cooler and a aio, so cooling is not a problem

I posted this on another thread: 

Fortnite has terrible stutters... I play it too and it's really fun but a terrible stuttery experience on my mid-range 12600K/6700 XT PC. 

Make sure you have AMD FreeSync/Nvidia G-SYNC/Vsync on and Fullscreen game mode (not windowed, windowed fullscreen, or borderless)

Set unlimited FPS in Fortnite and all the other games, and then set a per-app FPS cap in RivaTuner. 

On your PC, use dx11, performance mode will improve fps on Nvidia but it will add stutters)

I love making PCPartPicker lists.

If I answer your question (or someone else), please mark it as the answer. 

Please refresh before replying, I like to edit my posts.

PC SPECS: Intel i5-12600K, RX 6700 XT, 32GB DDR4 RAM

Favorite cheap but great tech: AMD RX 6700 XT, Yunzii YZ75 Keyboard, Acer Nitro XV272U Vbmiiprx