Iphone x oled leak

hey there, yesterday afternoon, i pulled my phone out of my pocket only to see a black puddle in the screen and it went black and unresponsive, do you guys know how this happened or if theres any way to fix it, getting my data is quite out of the question until i get a new screen, i do believe it was a cheap oled from amzon, but only replaced bcause my oem one went black too? any advice??

Edit:

sorry dont have the phone with me but i think all oled leaks look the same so ill find a stock photo of it sorry..

10 Best Broken Screen Wallpapers for iPhone - Guiding Tech

i cant find one ugh sorry, there is no cracks, and it hadnt been dropped like even that day, obviously sometimes before but not recently, and it worked before i put it in my pocket, and was gone when i pulled it out, no cracks or anything

The glass or a layer under the glass is very much broken. TBH the screen appears to have suffered a pretty drastic direct impact. Not sure what more we can glean from that picture.

Obviously just patch up the leak with some CA glue, and inject more liquid crystal into the display.

Spoiler

The screen is broken and is not repairable, an internal glass layer has cracked, you will need to replace the screen.

since it is a much older phone, it is likely that the battery may have swelled and broke the screen from the back.
Cheapo screens are also highly susceptible to pressure damage, if you squeeze the phone in the wrong spot, it just breaks the screen as its pressed into other components inside. the screens do not fit the case well enough to prevent it.

if you get a replacement screen again and connect it up, you should be able to recover your data.
If you want to move on to a new phone, it is relatively easy to simply remove the old screen and connect the new one and leave it unmounted to copy data or take a itunes backup. you would not need to transfer faceid or anything for just that.

Unfortunately a lot of repair stores do not do simple data recovery like that though, instead making you pay for the part and installation, if you have them do it. where they could just make a quick buck by plugging in a trash cracked screen that still works to dump the data with.

1 minute ago, GuiltySpark_ said:

The glass or a layer under the glass is very much broken. TBH the screen appears to have suffered a pretty drastic direct impact. Not sure what more we can glean from that picture.

its a stock photo, im trying to describe my problem but im doing a really bad job haha, so with the screen turned off, it looks perfectly fine, no cracks, when you turn it on, the bottom about 7cm of the screen are a kindof bright black, dont know how to describe it more than a puddle, and the rest of the screen apears to be fine but doesnt display anything and only lights up a kind of blue? sorry if im doing a bad job at describing this...

Just now, BentleyOwen123 said:

its a stock photo, im trying to describe my problem but im doing a really bad job haha, so with the screen turned off, it looks perfectly fine, no cracks, when you turn it on, the bottom about 7cm of the screen are a kindof bright black, dont know how to describe it more than a puddle, and the rest of the screen apears to be fine but doesnt display anything and only lights up a kind of blue? sorry if im doing a bad job at describing this...

So what we're seeing in your only picture is a a photo you're displaying on the screen and it doesn't actually look like that? 

What were you expecting people to say and for what purpose would you do that?

2 minutes ago, 8tg said:

Obviously just patch up the leak with some CA glue, and inject more liquid crystal into the display.

Hide contents

The screen is broken and is not repairable, an internal glass layer has cracked, you will need to replace the screen.

lmao ill be sure to go by some more oled crystal on the way home, thanks for the advice, yea, it was probably time to upgrade anyways

Just now, GuiltySpark_ said:

So what we're seeing in your only picture is a a photo you're displaying on the screen and it doesn't actually look like that? 

What were you expecting people to say and for what purpose would you do that?

im not home at the moment and the phone is, im trying to make sense of it while i have some free time, just wanted to know if that kindof thing was savable

16 minutes ago, BentleyOwen123 said:

im not home at the moment and the phone is, im trying to make sense of it while i have some free time, just wanted to know if that kindof thing was savable

almost all phone screens have three modes, working, working but super dim, and not working.
if the screen is doing anything but working, its basically unfixable without tools that cost more than the phone is worth.
if it ever has any visual cracks, it is 100% unfixable.
since apple sucks ass, you wont have any option except replace the screen if you want to recover the data, unless you pay for icloud and have a recent backup

6 minutes ago, OhYou_ said:

almost all phone screens have three modes, working, working but super dim, and not working.
if the screen is doing anything but working, its basically unfixable without tools that cost more than the phone is worth.
if it ever has any visual cracks, it is 100% unfixable.
since apple sucks ass, you wont have any option except replace the screen if you want to recover the data, unless you pay for icloud and have a recent backup

yea, i think the last notification i saw was icloud hasnt been backed up for 117 weeks so, it all good, i might by a cheap screen of amazon again, half install and then return it once i get everything off of it

1 hour ago, BentleyOwen123 said:

hey there, yesterday afternoon, i pulled my phone out of my pocket only to see a black puddle in the screen and it went black and unresponsive, do you guys know how this happened or if theres any way to fix it, getting my data is quite out of the question until i get a new screen, i do believe it was a cheap oled from amzon, but only replaced bcause my oem one went black too? any advice??

Edit:

sorry dont have the phone with me but i think all oled leaks look the same so ill find a stock photo of it sorry..

10 Best Broken Screen Wallpapers for iPhone - Guiding Tech

If you want to retrieve the data it’s very easy to fix these models just search up a tutorial and check it out. You can get a replacement screen with tools for like 20-50 dollars depending on quality.