Epyc Genoa Build

Budget (including currency): N/A USD

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Ansys HFSS

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

Hello All,

I'm putting together a build based on Epyc Genoa specifically for use with Ansys HFSS. If there is a better sub-forum for this, please feel free to move it. 

Current parts list:

Epyc 9654

128Gb RDIMM @4800Mt/s x12

Asus ESC4000A-E12-26WGP

RTX 6000 ada x2

Samsung PM9A3 x2

Sabrent Rocket 5 2tb x4

it will most likely end up running RHEL 8. 

The goal is to run high level simulations, and was curious if anyone here has had the opportunity to play with EPYC and Ansys. Also, I've read some conflicting arguments about memory bandwidth between Genoa and Sapphire rapids. Am I missing something though? Is this the best platform to go with? Thanks in advance.

Le_Potate

Edit: I am a technician that works at a field site for a research university. While we aren't out in the wilderness or anything, accessing the proper IT resources is cumbersome and sometimes just flat out unavailable. So a few of us pitch in for hardware projects. I have a decent understanding of what I'm doing, but not an experts. 

Edited by Le_Potate
Include info

Just now, Shimejii said:

From a quick google search, This program has a preference for Intel CPUs.

Yes, but a lot of articles are out of date. Ansys adopted the AMD optimized CPU libraries and Zen 3 plus are now fully supported.

@Le_Potate are you asking for build help?

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

16 minutes ago, SansVarnic said:

@Le_Potate are you asking for build help?

Yes, but I am also looking for advice from industry professionals on a fairly specific topic, or honestly anyone with experience with this level of hardware. 

Alright well thanks guys.