Need Game Recommendations

Rixon
Go to solution Solved by GarlicDeliverySystem,

OK, a list of titles I really enjoyed in the past couple of years, some older, some newer. Some are short, others pretty epic.

Helldivers 2

Witcher 3 plus DLCs, if you haven't already. Best open world atmosphere together with RDR2

Subnautica   - survival game with amazing atmosphere that all too often goes towards mild horror

Return of the Obra Dinn   - Amazing game with retro graphics about puzzling together the disappearance of an entire crew of a sail ship

What Remains of Edith Finch  -   Basically a 2-3 hour walking simulator, interactive movie, really amazing but short.

Cyberpunk

Elden Ring  - don't be worried about souls games being hard, learning curve is steep AF but it is the most accessible of them yet. Plus tons of guides and help online

The Outer Wilds (NOT outer worlds)     Amazing open world puzzle/exploration game, AVOID SPOILERS AT ALL COST AND BEST JUST BUY AND PLAY when on sale

Hades  

Dark Souls 3 if you are more into linear games compared to ER's open world

Bioshock series, especially Bioshock Infinite

Half Life 1 and 2, if HL1 looks too old for you: Black Mesa is a recent remake that in my opinion even improves on the original

Deathloop

Dishonored 1 and 2

Dredge

Morrowing (with mods, not the easiest to get into)

Firewatch

Horizon: Zero Dawn (haven't played the new one yet)

Assassin's Creed: Odyssey

Red Dead Redemption 2

Satisfactory

It is a long list, but it might give you some inspiration where to start. Question would also be whether you are looking for smaller scale games, that cost less and are more longer, focused single player experience, or long life-service games like Helldivers 2.

Also, if this is the first time you have a decent gaming PC/setup, look for older single player games. They are cheap now, usually go on sale for very little, and most bugs etc are gone. Plus most of them come with DLC bundles and can be great value. And being able to just crank all settings is a nice feeling.

Hey guys, I’ve never had an expensive PC before, and the only single player games I ever finished are GTA 5, Sniper Elite 4, and the Last of Us

I played those on used consoles and the cheapest TVs so this will be my first time experiencing what it’s like to game in 4K.

Can you please recommend some of your favorite games? I’m building my dream PC and I’m super excited.

What I will be playing on soon:

Ryzen 7 7800X3D

4080 Super

32GB DDR5 6000Mhz CL30

Thanks 😊

Literally any.  That machine can run any game on gorgeous settings.

Play what looks like it would be fun

You've given no parameters for wat you play.

Like asking what's a good restaurant to go to.  Palates are a thing.

"Do what makes the experience better" - in regards to PCs and Life itself.

Onyx AMD Ryzen 7 7800x3d / MSI 6900xt Gaming X Trio / Gigabyte B650 AORUS Pro AX / G. Skill Flare X5 6000CL36 32GB / Samsung 980 1TB x3 / Super Flower Leadex V Platinum Pro 850 / EK-AIO 360 Basic / Fractal Design North XL (black mesh) / AOC AGON 35" 3440x1440 100Hz / Mackie CR5BT / Corsair Virtuoso SE / Cherry MX Board 3.0 / Logitech G502

7800X3D - PBO -30 all cores, 4.90GHz all core, 5.05GHz single core, 18286 C23 multi, 1779 C23 single

Emma : i9 9900K @5.1Ghz - Gigabyte AORUS 1080Ti - Gigabyte AORUS Z370 Gaming 5 - G. Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 3200CL16 - 750 EVO 512GB + 2x 860 EVO 1TB (RAID0) - EVGA SuperNova 650 P2 - Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate 360mm - Fractal Design Define R6 - TP-Link AC1900 PCIe Wifi

Raven: AMD Ryzen 5 5600x3d - ASRock B550M Pro4 - G. Skill Ripjaws V 16GB 3200Mhz - XFX Radeon RX6650XT - Samsung 980 1TB + Crucial MX500 1TB - TP-Link AC600 USB Wifi - Gigabyte GP-P450B PSU -  Cooler Master MasterBox Q300L -  Samsung 27" 1080p

Plex : AMD Ryzen 5 5600 - Gigabyte B550M AORUS Elite AX - G. Skill Ripjaws V 16GB 2400Mhz - MSI 1050Ti 4GB - Crucial P3 Plus 500GB + WD Red NAS 4TBx2 - TP-Link AC1200 PCIe Wifi - EVGA SuperNova 650 P2 - ASUS Prime AP201 - Spectre 24" 1080p

Steam Deck 512GB OLED

OnePlus: 

OnePlus 11 5G - 16GB RAM, 256GB NAND, Eternal Green

OnePlus Buds Pro 2 - Eternal Green

Other Tech:

- 2021 Volvo S60 Recharge T8 Polestar Engineered - 415hp/495tq 2.0L 4cyl. turbocharged, supercharged and electrified.

Lenovo 720S Touch 15.6" - i7 7700HQ, 16GB RAM 2400MHz, 512GB NVMe SSD, 1050Ti, 4K touchscreen

MSI GF62 15.6" - i7 7700HQ, 16GB RAM 2400 MHz, 256GB NVMe SSD + 1TB 7200rpm HDD, 1050Ti

- Ubiquiti Amplifi HD mesh wifi

Honestly, you could probably play Helldivers 2 on high quality with that build. So my suggestion would be that.

46 minutes ago, Rixon said:

Hey guys, I’ve never had an expensive PC before, and the only single player games I ever finished are GTA 5, Sniper Elite 4, and the Last of Us

I played those on used consoles and the cheapest TVs so this will be my first time experiencing what it’s like to game in 4K.

Can you please recommend some of your favorite games? I’m building my dream PC and I’m super excited.

Ryzen 7 7800X3D

4080 Super

32GB DDR5 6000Mhz CL30

Thanks 😊

cod warzone any settings u want, my a380 can even run it on max settings 1080p without drops below 60 fps, very optimized

Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart ... imo one of the best looking games right now that are also fun to play.

1 hour ago, Rixon said:

Ryzen 7 7800X3D

4080 Super

32GB DDR5 6000Mhz CL30

Thanks 😊

gta iv, especially the ballad of gay tony

far cry 3

doom, doom eternal

metro exodus

resident evil village

but also try out cyberpunk and or dragon's dogma 2. I hear they're great.

You can never go wrong with the witcher! I have also been playing a lot of Doom Eternal and that would look great on your system. Honestly, any game you want will run well on that machine.

Just now, okkee said:

gta iv, especially the ballad of gay tony

far cry 3

doom, doom eternal

metro exodus

resident evil village

but also try out cyberpunk and or dragon's dogma 2. I hear they're great.

Metro is also a great pick! Similarly, if they want to install STALKER GAMMA, that is a good game!

OK, a list of titles I really enjoyed in the past couple of years, some older, some newer. Some are short, others pretty epic.

Helldivers 2

Witcher 3 plus DLCs, if you haven't already. Best open world atmosphere together with RDR2

Subnautica   - survival game with amazing atmosphere that all too often goes towards mild horror

Return of the Obra Dinn   - Amazing game with retro graphics about puzzling together the disappearance of an entire crew of a sail ship

What Remains of Edith Finch  -   Basically a 2-3 hour walking simulator, interactive movie, really amazing but short.

Cyberpunk

Elden Ring  - don't be worried about souls games being hard, learning curve is steep AF but it is the most accessible of them yet. Plus tons of guides and help online

The Outer Wilds (NOT outer worlds)     Amazing open world puzzle/exploration game, AVOID SPOILERS AT ALL COST AND BEST JUST BUY AND PLAY when on sale

Hades  

Dark Souls 3 if you are more into linear games compared to ER's open world

Bioshock series, especially Bioshock Infinite

Half Life 1 and 2, if HL1 looks too old for you: Black Mesa is a recent remake that in my opinion even improves on the original

Deathloop

Dishonored 1 and 2

Dredge

Morrowing (with mods, not the easiest to get into)

Firewatch

Horizon: Zero Dawn (haven't played the new one yet)

Assassin's Creed: Odyssey

Red Dead Redemption 2

Satisfactory

It is a long list, but it might give you some inspiration where to start. Question would also be whether you are looking for smaller scale games, that cost less and are more longer, focused single player experience, or long life-service games like Helldivers 2.

Also, if this is the first time you have a decent gaming PC/setup, look for older single player games. They are cheap now, usually go on sale for very little, and most bugs etc are gone. Plus most of them come with DLC bundles and can be great value. And being able to just crank all settings is a nice feeling.

Woah I got some gaming to do then! Thanks everyone!