PSU Wiring Help

CA8OOS3
Go to solution Solved by Blazepoint5,

The 6-prong switch has 2 sets of contacts: one set for the power input (from the IEC plug) and one set for the power output (to the PSU). The white wires are typically used for the neutral side and the yellow wires for the live side.

Since your setup has both input and output lines running through the switch, you should wire it as follows:

Connect the IEC plug's live wire (yellow) to one of the switch's input live terminals (yellow).

Connect the IEC plug's neutral wire (white) to the switch's input neutral terminal (white).

Connect the PSU's live wire (L) to the switch's output live terminal (yellow).

Connect the PSU's neutral wire (N) to the switch's output neutral terminal (white).

Make sure that the input and output lines are wired on the same side of the switch. For example, if you connect the IEC plug's live wire to the left input terminal, connect the PSU's live wire (L) to the left output terminal. The same applies to the neutral wires.

Once the wiring is complete, double-check all connectionsThe 6-prong switch has 2 sets of contacts: one set for the power input (from the IEC plug) and one set for the power output (to the PSU). The white wires are typically used for the neutral side and the yellow wires for the live side.

Since your setup has both input and output lines running through the switch, you should wire it as follows:
Connect the IEC plug's live wire (yellow) to one of the switch's input live terminals (yellow).
Connect the IEC plug's neutral wire (white) to the switch's input neutral terminal (white).
Connect the PSU's neutral wire (N) to the switch's output neutral terminal (white).
Make sure that the input and output lines are wired on the same side of the switch. For example, if you connect the IEC plug's live wire to the left input terminal, connect the PSU's live wire (L) to the left output terminal. The same applies to the neutral wires.
Once the wiring is complete, double-check all connections and i think after that your good.
1 hour ago, CA8OOS3 said:

Good Evening.

I am in need of some help. I have a situation that requires me to do a little bit of DIY in regards to some power.

I have a MeanWell PSU more specifically a NDR-480-48 which is used to power my MiGe Motor and controller board. This is for simracing.

I have a Simucube SC1 OSW Style wheelbase setup and I am trying to wire a powerswitch.

Currently I am wired directly to an IEC plug which has a powerswitch but since the controller box is away from my sim rig, I want to make a powerswitch with my emergency stop.

So, so far I have tried using just a standard 3 prong switch and we'll that has ended in disaster everything and now looking to use a 6 prong switch.

Here is how I currently think to have the switch wired.

I have 4 wires coming from the switch.[2 white, 2 yellow] 2 are going to the IEC plug [Live and Neutral] and 2 going to the [L and N] parts on the PSU. Now on a 6 prong switch does it matter where things are wired as long as the L and N are on the same sides on each?

I just want to make sure I get this wired correctly so I can hide away the controller box for my sim rig.

Thanks for any help.

Good Evening.

I am in need of some help. I have a situation that requires me to do a little bit of DIY in regards to some power.

I have a MeanWell PSU more specifically a NDR-480-48 which is used to power my MiGe Motor and controller board. This is for simracing.

I have a Simucube SC1 OSW Style wheelbase setup and I am trying to wire a powerswitch.

Currently I am wired directly to an IEC plug which has a powerswitch but since the controller box is away from my sim rig, I want to make a powerswitch with my emergency stop.

So, so far I have tried using just a standard 3 prong switch and we'll that has ended in disaster everything and now looking to use a 6 prong switch.

I have 4 wires coming from the switch.[2 white, 2 yellow] 2 are going to the IEC plug [Live and Neutral] and 2 going to the [L and N] parts on the PSU. Now on a 6 prong switch does it matter where things are wired as long as the L and N are on the same sides on each?

I just want to make sure I get this wired correctly so I can hide away the controller box for my sim rig.

Thanks for any help.

CPU: Ryzen 7 3800X RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance PRO RGB SL 3600mhz GPU: RTX 3060TI SSD: WD Black 1TB NVME SDD: WD Black 500GB NVME

The 6-prong switch has 2 sets of contacts: one set for the power input (from the IEC plug) and one set for the power output (to the PSU). The white wires are typically used for the neutral side and the yellow wires for the live side.

Once the wiring is complete, double-check all connectionsThe 6-prong switch has 2 sets of contacts: one set for the power input (from the IEC plug) and one set for the power output (to the PSU). The white wires are typically used for the neutral side and the yellow wires for the live side.

Once the wiring is complete, double-check all connections and i think after that your good.

Good Evening.

Thanks for any help.

23 hours ago, Blazepoint5 said:

Thanks for all your help!!! Wired up and worked perfectly!

CPU: Ryzen 7 3800X RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance PRO RGB SL 3600mhz GPU: RTX 3060TI SSD: WD Black 1TB NVME SDD: WD Black 500GB NVME

Thanks for all your help!!! Wired up and worked perfectly!

🤝 no problem bud.