1440p+ monitor, 600-700$ CAD budget

Vaub

Hello, I'm in a market for a new monitor (budget from 600-700$ CAD) and I saw a Dell U2713HM at 599$. Do you think it's worth it for gaming/coding (I currently have an old samsung 1080p TN thing and a Dell U2312HM) or should I go the Samsung 4K at the same price.

The Asus PB278Q seems to be at 550$ (with NCIX warranty) too, but it doesn't seem like the 3-year Dell warranty (I really liked their warranty with my old laptop which had dead pixels).

What do you think I should take?

Intel Core i7-5820k @ 4,6Ghz; Asus X99 Deluxe; GSkill Ripjaws 4 (4x4) 2400Mhz; MSi GTX 980 Reference @ 1.4Ghz; CM V700; Phanteks Enthoo Luxe; Windows 8.1 Pro

Don't get 4k yet. It's just not worth it.

I don't have any experience with the Dell, but I've used the PB278Q, and I can tell you that it's awesome. I thik The PB series monitors have a 3-year warranty, and a 1 year zero bright pixel, >5 dark pixel warranty, with turns into >3/>5 for a total of 3 years. It also has a lower response time, and a higher contrast ratio.

CPU-AMD FX 8350 @ 4.9Ghz | GPU-Sapphire 7970 OC | Motherboard-AsRock Extreme9 990fx | RAM-8GB Mushkin Blackline Ridgeback

Case-NZXT Switch 810 | Heatsink-NZXT HAVIK | SSD-Samsung 840 250GB | HDD-Seagate Barricuda 1TB; WD Green 2TB
PSU-Seasonic X-Series 850 Watt | Mouse-Razer Naga | Keyboard-Razer Blackwidow | Speakers-Logitech z623

Don't get 4k yet. It's just not worth it.

I don't have any experience with the Dell, but I've used the PB278Q, and I can tell you that it's awesome. I thik The PB series monitors have a 3-year warranty, and a 1 year zero bright pixel, >5 dark pixel warranty, with turns into >3/>5 for a total of 3 years. It also has a lower response time, and a higher contrast ratio.

Is Asus trustable in monitor warranty? I know they don't have the best reputation in regards to their motherboard ( most I've spent is 250$ on a monitor before... this buy is making me a little "nervous" :P )

Intel Core i7-5820k @ 4,6Ghz; Asus X99 Deluxe; GSkill Ripjaws 4 (4x4) 2400Mhz; MSi GTX 980 Reference @ 1.4Ghz; CM V700; Phanteks Enthoo Luxe; Windows 8.1 Pro

Is Asus trustable in monitor warranty? I know they don't have the best reputation in regards to their motherboard ( most I've spent is 250$ on a monitor before... this buy is making me a little "nervous" :P )

Totally understandable. haha ASUS just isn't the best when it comes to customer support. They're also not the worst. You'll get a headache, but if your warranty claim is valid, you'll get taken care of by the time it's over. This has been my experience with Dell, also. So I dunno.

The monitor is excellent, the warranty is acceptable, and it's what I'd go for.

CPU-AMD FX 8350 @ 4.9Ghz | GPU-Sapphire 7970 OC | Motherboard-AsRock Extreme9 990fx | RAM-8GB Mushkin Blackline Ridgeback

Case-NZXT Switch 810 | Heatsink-NZXT HAVIK | SSD-Samsung 840 250GB | HDD-Seagate Barricuda 1TB; WD Green 2TB
PSU-Seasonic X-Series 850 Watt | Mouse-Razer Naga | Keyboard-Razer Blackwidow | Speakers-Logitech z623

Thanks, I've been stalling a new monitor since too long; going to decide tomorrow.

For now :

Asus PB278Q

+ Price (630$ with tax/shipping/warranty NCIX.com)

- Warranty

Dell U2713HM

+ USB Hub / Stand

- Price (680$ with tax/shipping/warranty Dell.ca)

I think from what I've seen, they've comparable panel and spec; will have to make my mind  :P

Considering the Asus is a high-luminosity display which uses PWM; will it be noticeable at ~50% brightness?

the PB278Q the dells have had alot of firmware issues lately

Which kind of firmware issues? Haven't seen something relating to that online.