can intel i7 10700E be used on a regular motherboard

Hello, i recently got a spare CPU - intel i7 10700E. I though about upgrading my current pc with it (would be changing the motherboard as well) but as i was looking at the different motherboard CPU support lists, it seemed that it did not list the 10700E variant. I would like to know if it can be even used on a regular motherboard, lets say Gigabyte B460 or B560 even if it is not in the list, as the socket in the Intel site writes it has an LGA1200 socket.

6 minutes ago, lexxke said:

Hello, i recently got a spare CPU - intel i7 10700E. I though about upgrading my current pc with it (would be changing the motherboard as well) but as i was looking at the different motherboard CPU support lists, it seemed that it did not list the 10700E variant. I would like to know if it can be even used on a regular motherboard, lets say Gigabyte B460 or B560 even if it is not in the list, as the socket in the Intel site writes it has an LGA1200 socket.

If it's not in the support list of the motherboard, it probably won't work.

what does the cpu look like?

10700e is supposed to be embedded so i assume bare die on top and bga balls on the bottom so not compatible with any lga boards, have to find a hoard with the same bga and use a rework station to solder it onto the board

Sure it's not a 10700F?  It'll work on all Z490/Z590 boards and most of the lesser B series boards from the same era just make sure the VRM is strong enough

With all the Trolls, Try Hards, Noobs and Weirdos around here you'd think i'd find SOMEWHERE to fit in!

14 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

what does the cpu look like?

10700e is supposed to be embedded so i assume bare die on top and bga balls on the bottom so not compatible with any lga boards, have to find a hoard with the same bga and use a rework station to solder it onto the board

Looks like fairly normal to me

20240324_123844.jpg

20240324_123856.jpg

25 minutes ago, lexxke said:

Looks like fairly normal to me

20240324_123844.jpg

20240324_123856.jpg

just drop it into a mobo and see if it works or not and it probably will work since its just a normal lga 1200 cpu