CPU: Ryzen 7 5700x

Videocard: gigabyte 1660 super

Ram: tforce tuf 4x8gb 3200mhz

Mobo: msi b450m mortar max

PSU: Corsair cx750w 80+ bronze

Storage

Ssd: kingston a400

HDD

Hello, I am planning to upgrade my main storage to nvme m.2. I am a video editor and mostly working on After Effects. I am not that knowledgeable into parts, I was thinking of getting Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 1TB NVME MZ-V7S1T0BW as I have seen that it mostly recommended. I just wanted to make sure before buying if it is compatible with my mobo? (Msi b450m mortar max). And wanted to get opinion for other alternatives to it that are good but more cheaper. Thank you!

Your motherboard does have two M.2 slots but they're only PCIe Gen 2. 970 Evo Plus is Gen 3.
It is compatible, but you wouldn't get the benefits of its full speed. Though you're unlikely to find a Gen 2 drive outside of the used market these days.

This should let you browse for 1 TB Gen 3 drives from reputable brands. Just set your country (if it's supported) to check for pricing, and look up reviews of drives that catch your fancy.

14 minutes ago, Aleph256 said:

Your motherboard does have two M.2 slots but they're only PCIe Gen 2. 970 Evo Plus is Gen 3.

I think 1 is gen 3.

27 minutes ago, charliellantino said:

wanted to get opinion for other alternatives to it that are good but more cheaper

Have a look here:

1 hour ago, Aleph256 said:

It is compatible, but you wouldn't get the benefits of its full speed. Though you're unlikely to find a Gen 2 drive outside of the used market these days.

This should let you browse for 1 TB Gen 3 drives from reputable brands. Just set your country (if it's supported) to check for pricing, and look up reviews of drives that catch your fancy.

Thank you for the info! 

1 hour ago, Tetras said:

I think 1 is gen 3.

Have a look here:

Thanks for sharing this! It will help me a lot :)