Local Co-op suitable for 3+

Dazzaster84

Hello!

So my son has discovered my new "office" and I'm very excited to start playing locally with him (when his hand/ eye movement skills improve we're going pro).

What I have no experience in is games for children his age. Can you assuredly lovely folk recommend your favourite games to play with your little ones?

Cheers!   

20220316_140541.jpg

1 minute ago, VaderCraft_ said:

I'm unsure if Stardew Valley is local, but maybe that's a good place to start?

Fantastic idea, I've been thinking of an excuse to start a new farm!

Welcome to the forums!
3 is *really* young. I will say that PHOGS! is a pretty fantastic and very kid friendly game that can be played co op on one machine. 

5950X/3080Ti primary rig  |  1920X/1070Ti Unraid for dockers  |  200TB TrueNAS w/ 1:1 backup

The Lego games are great games to play with kids. As odds are you can find one they are interested in, super heros, movies, etc. They are co-op, so even if they are just messing around or don't fully understand what to do or need help you can guide them or solve the puzzle. Also the characters or basically invincible, so if they walk off an edge or something they will just get respawned on the screen again.  These games are generally cheap on sale too.

Disney has a ton of almost shovelware games for PC (mainly based off their movies) if very mixed quality. Some are ok for kids, but as an adult you aren't very likely to find these as enjoyable, especially compared to the Lego games, which are pretty solid. These though your kid might enjoy playing a bit solo. They will likely put grow them and not touch them again.