Having input lag problems in SOME games.

Windexerr

So in some games I've been playing recently, I'll let off a movement key and my character will keep moving in whichever direction, but in other games it doesn't happen. For example, some PIXEL games like Children of Morta it will happen, but then on Call of Duty or Halo it doesn't happen? I have a i7 13700kf, and a Asus Tuf 4070. Dont notice any super high CPU usage so I don't think it has to do with reaching 100% cpu usage, I haven't paid attention to the GPU usage but when playing a very non demanding game I feel like I'm not very high usage wise. 

Was wondering if it could have to do with clock speeds on the GPU? Also happens if I have something open on a second monitor, which seems weird cause I feel like my system should be able to handle having Discord open on the second monitor without causing problems in non demanding games, Monitors are both the same and are 1440p, one is running 140hz and one is 170hz though. If anyone has any ideas I'd love to hear them, I've been looking around on google for answers for days now, I haven't tried everything yet but I've tried things like changing from Fullscreen windowed to Fullscreen, Lowered settings etc.

i7 13700kf - gigabyte b760 DS3H - 32gb teamgroup 3200mh - asus tuf 4070 12gb - nzxt 650w gold psu - msi m371 1tb nvme  m.2 ssd - kraken 240mm aio - h5 elite case

Is the behavior consistent? Does it happen every time you move in these games or only sometimes? 

What peripherals are you using? Specifically keyboard. Is there any software that's running alongside it? 

5950X/3080Ti primary rig  |  1920X/1070Ti Unraid for dockers  |  200TB TrueNAS w/ 1:1 backup

2 hours ago, OddOod said:

Is the behavior consistent? Does it happen every time you move in these games or only sometimes? 

What peripherals are you using? Specifically keyboard. Is there any software that's running alongside it? 

its only random movements, it will work for a little and then randomly ill be running straight into a wall for like 3 seconds. All the keyboard has is RGB backlighting, Its within the board though there isn't any kind of program that goes with it, Its a shitty keyboard off Amazon, Royal Kludge R Something, it seems like its just been happening recently and I've had the keyboard for a little while. 

i7 13700kf - gigabyte b760 DS3H - 32gb teamgroup 3200mh - asus tuf 4070 12gb - nzxt 650w gold psu - msi m371 1tb nvme  m.2 ssd - kraken 240mm aio - h5 elite case

2 hours ago, OddOod said:

I have another keyboard I was going to plug in and try out I just haven't been able to find where I put it at the moment. 

Yeah, I'm guessing that there's a debounce or ghosting issue on a crappy keyboard. Defo test it with something higher quality

5950X/3080Ti primary rig  |  1920X/1070Ti Unraid for dockers  |  200TB TrueNAS w/ 1:1 backup

17 hours ago, OddOod said:

Yeah, I'm guessing that there's a debounce or ghosting issue on a crappy keyboard. Defo test it with something higher quality

Will do, thank you mannn