liberteus

Hardware:

• rtx 3080 (latest drivers)
  • ryzen 5700X3D
  • 32gb of ram

Sw:

• Win 10
  • MSI afterburner latest vers
  • HW info to look at temps (just in case, but it's not an issue)

What's happening:

I have tweaked my 3080, and hit a steady 2040mhz at 968mV when I play No Man's Sky, or Red Dead 2, but whenever I play 7 Days to Die, the card itself limits to 1800Mhz, even though the memory is still OC'ed. Funny thing, it also consumes a hell lot of power (300W), and gives terrible performance (that game is so poorly optimized, it's a disaster...)

What is it with DX11? Or is it something else? Is there a way to unlock performance? Settings for DX11 that I could set somewhere? I dont get it, quite frankly.

Could be error correcting.  Just because your overclock is stable in game A, B and C doesn't mean it'll be stable in game D.  I remember my old 1070.  Had a overclock on the memory and the core.  (can't remember the numbers) Ran beautifully in everything....until Red Dead 2 came out.  I was nearly crying when I had to turn all my overclocks off 😭  I was so proud of them at the time 🤣

With all the Trolls, Try Hards, Noobs and Weirdos around here you'd think i'd find SOMEWHERE to fit in!

1 minute ago, SimplyChunk said:

Could be error correcting.  Just because your overclock is stable in game A, B and C doesn't mean it'll be stable in game D.  I remember my old 1070.  Had a overclock on the memory and the core.  (can't remember the numbers) Ran beautifully in everything....until Red Dead 2 came out.  I was nearly crying when I had to turn all my overclocks off 😭  I was so proud of them at the time 🤣

Error correcting shouldnt lower perf of the core, and it's the core clock that is lower than what it can handle. I can lower mem clock and retest though.

I removed all OC and interestingly, the card actually performed "better" when using 7d2d so you're definitely onto something. I now need to check whether I'm not hurting performance in other games as well in some fashion, and find the right balance for 7d2d.