New Monitor MEG 342C or AW3423DWF

Zeorth

Hi!

So I'm in the market for a new QD-OLED 34" ultrawide and I don't really want to get the Samsung G8 as the warranty doesn't cover burn in and as far as I'm aware, the other 2 do. That leaves me with the 2 options of Alienware and MSI. The MSI is slightly cheaper where I am as I can buy it from my local electronics store whereas the Alienware I need to order and most likely will be harder to RMA. However, I'm not too keen with the MSI design. Although, it does have more features. Also might be worth noting that I do have a AMD GPU which may affect stuff like HDR performance so take that into account. Which one would you guys get? What are the pros and cons of both screens? Opinions?

The Dell has been the go-to option for most people, since it's often the cheapest. The latest firmware updates fixed pretty much all the issues with HDR and that sort of stuff.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

I recently got a MEG 342C and I am very impressed with it, I have no experience of the Alienware product but I can't imagine them being that dissimilar as they both use the same panel. If your only reason for preferring the Alienware is aesthetics then I would say so long as the price difference is not too big then go that route, it is after all what you will be looking at for quite a while and not liking the packaging isn't  going to be great for you. Personally I don't mind the look but I am not you.