Searching for the Shallowest Monitor Arm Setup

NotSoHonestAbe

I think this is display-related enough to belong in this section of the forum. 

I'm currently using a 43" LG C2 OLED, and I'm looking for a monitor arm/mount/whatever that will allow me to place the display as close to the wall as possible. I want to have enough space to fit a desk shelf underneath where I can have room for DACs and audio stuff under the monitor. Today, I changed my monitor arm from an Ergotron HX to a VIVO single-pole arm. The HX was overkill for what I needed, and I thought that it was too far away from the wall, and thus too close to my face, for the ergonomics of a 43" display to work. 

My desk is 30" x 60", and with the Ergotron, the display sat about 6" away from the wall. Now, with the VIVO, it's sitting at ~8.5" away from the wall. Both measurements 

It seems like monitor arm manufacturers don't really pay much attention to depth measurements. I got the VIVO because I foolishly assumed that a single-pole mount would be shallower than the adjustable arm of the Ergotron. I was wrong. 

Short of mounting it on the wall, which I can't do since I use an adjustable height desk, does anyone have any recommendations for a solution that will allow me to keep the display as close to the wall as possible? I've searched high and low on Amazon and found ones like this, but there is no information on depth available.

I've attached some photos of my setup

20240315_211821-EDIT.thumb.jpg.f7c41ef58c3b8e05c64f8ad1b059a50e.jpg20240315_211918.thumb.JPG.d3fce41db044ede7c7ca2e6ecd32db9f.JPG20240315_212013.thumb.JPG.dd4a5cc8e201018580aa67f3832bd0c8.JPG

We're sorry the monitor stand is working out as hoped!  We've made some very low-profile single monitor stands before, but aside from one that's designed to fit desk risers, they've ended up discontinued due to poor sales.  At this point, for setups that need the monitor as close to the wall as possible, we'll often recommend monitor or small TV wall mounts instead since some of these are as little as an inch thick.

The Hemudu single monitor stand in the link appears to be just under 5" in total depth based on one of the photos and calculating from a height measurement, so that puts it at about 1.5" less than STAND-V101CW currently holding your TV.

1 hour ago, VIVO-US said:

We're sorry the monitor stand is working out as hoped!  We've made some very low-profile single monitor stands before, but aside from one that's designed to fit desk risers, they've ended up discontinued due to poor sales.  At this point, for setups that need the monitor as close to the wall as possible, we'll often recommend monitor or small TV wall mounts instead since some of these are as little as an inch thick.

The Hemudu single monitor stand in the link appears to be just under 5" in total depth based on one of the photos and calculating from a height measurement, so that puts it at about 1.5" less than STAND-V101CW currently holding your TV.

Thanks for the info. I'm not able to use a wall-mounting solution because I use an adjustable height desk.

What can you tell me about the STAND-V001U model? What is the depth on that, and would it be compatible with the screen dimensions of the OLED42C2PUA display?

STAND-V001U has a minimum distance of 3.8" from the wall to the monitor, but the 17.6lb weight limit isn't quite enough to hold the OLED42C2PUA which weighs about 21.5lbs.  The clamp can only fit a maximum 3/4" thick desktop, so if your desk is any thicker than that, then it won't be able to fit.  This is actually the one I mentioned earlier that was designed for desk risers, so it's only meant to be a light-duty mount.

For what we have available, to get it as close to the wall as possible using a desk mount, one of our stands such as STAND-V101H might be able to work using the VESA extender brackets from the current stand.  With the pole and base offset to the side so the arm can extend straight towards the center, it's possible to get the TV pushed back to about 3.5" from the wall.

3 hours ago, VIVO-US said:

STAND-V001U has a minimum distance of 3.8" from the wall to the monitor, but the 17.6lb weight limit isn't quite enough to hold the OLED42C2PUA which weighs about 21.5lbs.  The clamp can only fit a maximum 3/4" thick desktop, so if your desk is any thicker than that, then it won't be able to fit.  This is actually the one I mentioned earlier that was designed for desk risers, so it's only meant to be a light-duty mount.

For what we have available, to get it as close to the wall as possible using a desk mount, one of our stands such as STAND-V101H might be able to work using the VESA extender brackets from the current stand.  With the pole and base offset to the side so the arm can extend straight towards the center, it's possible to get the TV pushed back to about 3.5" from the wall.

Since the OLED42C2PUA uses 300x200 VESA mounts, I'm using the MOUNT-AD4X2 adapter, which I know does add depth to the entire setup.

I'm thinking that my solution may involve some DIY setup of attaching a small platform underneath the desk itself, so I can use a stand like this one, just with the base of the stand resting underneath the desk, and thus the arm of the unit extending slightly behind the desk.