System won't post after it went into the BIOS once

Lith7ium
Go to solution Solved by Lith7ium,
43 minutes ago, Terrorgod said:

Does the cpu fan spin if plugged into another fan connector? You can bypass the warning just for a check. If it doesnt, might be a defective heatsink. If it does, then maybe a bad port on the mobo, which you can either RMA, or use a jumper to "trick" into thinking something is plugged in.

I have resolved all the issues, a part of the MB cable was not plugged in correctly into the PSU. Everything is fine now, Cyberpunk is downloading! Thanks for your help though!

Hey all,

I've just gotten myself a new rig and am trying to put it together currently. These are the parts:

Ryzen 7800X3D

MSI B650 Plus WiFi

7900XTX

GSkill DDR5-6000 12GB x2

beQuiet pure Power 12 M 850 Watt

Alpenföhn Brocken 4 CPU Cooler

I put everything together outside of the case and did a test boot. Everything went fine and I got into the BIOS. I let it run for ten minutes and checked, that everything was detected, everything okay.

I was a little confused that the CPU reached temps of up to 60 Celsius and the CPU fan not turning on. The heatsink was noticeably warm to the touch.

So I exited the BIOS, replugged the CPU fan connector and tried to power up again. However, now I got a red status light for CPU fail and a yellow one for memory fail. I tried to reset the computer multiple times, but always the same result.

Then I may have made a crucial mistake. In an attempt to reset the BIOS I pressed the FLASH BIOS button without a USB stick present. The LED flashed a few times, then turned off. Trying to reboot the system got the same red and yellow LED indicators again.

Because I feared that I corrupted the BIOS, I downloaded the newest driver from the MSI website, followed their guide to set up a USB stick to flash the BIOS and plugged it in the correct slot. Then I pressed the FLASH BIOS button again.

The indicator LED for the FLASH BIOS has now been solid on for about 30 minutes. I don't think it should take that long, but now I'm afraid of touching anything. A websearch has not helped me so far.

Anyone got any ideas what to do next? Did I just kill my motherboard?

Update: I got tired of waiting and powered the system off via the PSU. After that I uninstalled the CMOS battery, waited for 30 seconds, reinstalled it and rebooted the system. It took about two minutes while cycling its LEDs but then it posted and I'm now in the BIOS again. Only problem that remains is, that the CPU fan does not spin.

Does the cpu fan spin if plugged into another fan connector? You can bypass the warning just for a check. If it doesnt, might be a defective heatsink. If it does, then maybe a bad port on the mobo, which you can either RMA, or use a jumper to "trick" into thinking something is plugged in.

43 minutes ago, Terrorgod said:

I have resolved all the issues, a part of the MB cable was not plugged in correctly into the PSU. Everything is fine now, Cyberpunk is downloading! Thanks for your help though!