Intel vsr for video

I just found out about intel's "beta" vsr for google. I followed any tutorial I could find (2 of them lol) and none worked. Did they remove this functionality? When I paste --enable-features=IntelVpSuperResolution to the end of the target line it shows this: image.png.c8b679cddc342c699ec021dc4a01cd80.png

I edit my messages more than not –

Probably some dude on the internet

Yeah this Beta was in March of 2023, Chrome has had many updates in a year and it seems there isn't much coverage of this feature after that. I'm poking around but haven't found anything useful yet but its safe to assume that Beta flag in the shortcut doesn't work anymore

2 minutes ago, GuiltySpark_ said:

Yeah this Beta was in March of 2023, Chrome has had many updates in a year and it seems there isn't much coverage of this feature after that. I'm poking around but haven't found anything useful yet but its safe to assume that Beta flag in the shortcut doesn't work anymore

dang
tried using lossless scaling, and while it works, it's VERY heavy on my intel iris xe igpu. Turns my laptop into a toaster lmao

AFAIK the beta has been over for quite some time. Also, it only works with Intel iGPUs or if you have an Intel ARC GPU. To my knowledge it could not be used with a Nvidia or AMD GPU.

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

3 minutes ago, SpookyCitrus said:

AFAIK the beta has been over for quite some time. Also, it only works with Intel iGPUs or if you have an Intel ARC GPU. To my knowledge it could not be used with a Nvidia or AMD GPU.

I have 11th gen cpu intel iris xe igpu the articles said any igpu from intel 6th gen or up

5 minutes ago, Hellowpplz said:

I have 11th gen cpu intel iris xe igpu the articles said any igpu from intel 6th gen or up

I think I saw post about Nvidia solution which pulled 200w on rtx 3070

6 minutes ago, Likwid said:

I think I saw post about Nvidia solution which pulled 200w on rtx 3070

uhmmm
no

5 minutes ago, Hellowpplz said:

uhmmm
no

I've been playing with an using the feature since its inception with Nvidia, at least. Its interesting how it works. 

I have a 4K native display and i'm using the "4" or Highest quality setting. When playing back 720p content at 4K fullscreen using a 3090 it was roughly 20-40W. Playing back 1080p content it was in the neighborhood of 100W. However upscaling 1440p to 4K is insane on quality level 4 using over 300W. 

Its been a while since I've tested anything and have a 4090 now but I still use the feature daily. 

6 minutes ago, GuiltySpark_ said:

I've been playing with an using the feature since its inception with Nvidia, at least. Its interesting how it works. 

I have a 4K native display and i'm using the "4" or Highest quality setting. When playing back 720p content at 4K fullscreen using a 3090 it was roughly 20-40W. Playing back 1080p content it was in the neighborhood of 100W. However upscaling 1440p to 4K is insane on quality level 4 using over 300W. 

Its been a while since I've tested anything and have a 4090 now but I still use the feature daily. 

I'm actually pretty curious, does it upscale downloaded video, or is solely for use with video playing in a browser? 

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

5 minutes ago, SpookyCitrus said:

I'm actually pretty curious, does it upscale downloaded video, or is solely for use with video playing in a browser? 

There are a number of ways to use the tech for downloaded video. MPC-HC as various plugins but VLC has it built right in these days.

1 minute ago, GuiltySpark_ said:

There are a number of ways to use the tech for downloaded video. MPC-HC as various plugins but VLC has it built right in these days.

Good to know, I use VLC already. I'll have to give it a shot.

4 minutes ago, SpookyCitrus said:

Good to know, I use VLC already. I'll have to give it a shot.

If on 3.0.20 you have to go to Settings - All - Video - Output Modules - Direct3d11 and set Upscaling Mode to Super Resolution

Then obviously ensure its enabled in Nvidia Control Panel or the Nvidia app.

12 minutes ago, GuiltySpark_ said:

If on 3.0.20 you have to go to Settings - All - Video - Output Modules - Direct3d11 and set Upscaling Mode to Super Resolution

Then obviously ensure its enabled in Nvidia Control Panel or the Nvidia app.

Sweet, thanks!