Am I hitting the right temps with my Ryzen 5 7600 ( non x)?

Hello,

I did a mini itx build with the following components,
Hyte Revolt 3

AMD Ryzen5 7600 non X

Noctua NH-U9S

(2) Noctua NF-A12s on instake

Rx6700xt

My temps never really dip below 40° and they peak out at 80° on most of the games I play. 
In the video below, it shows that under full load his build was only reaching 65° and I used a better cooler than he did....

https://youtu.be/gEiCwr_WTig?si=S0swK6H-Ne_2g8Kj

Should I reapply thermal paste? ( I used Noctua supplied one) 
Should I change one of the intake fans to push air out of the case?

Is there a specific fan curve that I should be using?

Much appreciation and love :)

3 minutes ago, asimon00 said:

Hello,

I did a mini itx build with the following components,
Hyte Revolt 3

AMD Ryzen5 7600 non X

Noctua NH-U9S

(2) Noctua NF-A12s on instake

Rx6700xt

My temps never really dip below 40° and they peak out at 80° on most of the games I play. 
In the video below, it shows that under full load his build was only reaching 65° and I used a better cooler than he did....

https://youtu.be/gEiCwr_WTig?si=S0swK6H-Ne_2g8Kj

Should I reapply thermal paste? ( I used Noctua supplied one) 
Should I change one of the intake fans to push air out of the case?

Is there a specific fan curve that I should be using?

Much appreciation and love 🙂

Those are acceptable temperatures for the Ryzen 7000 series.
The video you linked he is using a Ryzen 5600x and this can't be compared to the 7000 series.

The Ryzen 7000 series have a set point of 95, this means its actually trying to hit 95c BEFORE limiting clocks or power.  Its a weird design choice by AMD but this is exactly how they are supposed to work.

Here are two videos that will explain this further if you want to know a bit more about it 🙂

23 minutes ago, Hinjima said:

Those are acceptable temperatures for the Ryzen 7000 series.
The video you linked he is using a Ryzen 5600x and this can't be compared to the 7000 series.

The Ryzen 7000 series have a set point of 95, this means its actually trying to hit 95c BEFORE limiting clocks or power.  Its a weird design choice by AMD but this is exactly how they are supposed to work.

Here are two videos that will explain this further if you want to know a bit more about it 🙂

Thank you for these videos, I will watch them today!

Just now, asimon00 said:

Thank you for these videos, I will watch them today!

No Problem 🙂  Great!  The top one by JayzTwoCents is a bit more funny and not very indepth, easily digestible.

The video by GamersNexus is veeery indepth but I timed it at the point where he mentioned temperatures and how it works.  After watching where I timed for a few minutes you can skip to 24:15 where he goes over it again in a summary.

Report back once you have watched 🙂

I would suggest that you add another fan for exhaust on the back. It doesn't need to have high static pressure unless that barrier is relatively fine, so look for something with an F or AF in the model number, and/or look at airflow, which is usually in CFM. If you want Noctua, I suggest looking at the redux line as they don't give you a lot of extras and this means the price is lower. 

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

My phone's auto-correct is named Otto Rong.🤪😂