Looking for an ARGB hub that connects via USB to the motherboard.

Hikusai

Since I don't have an ARGB header on my motherboard, I'm looking for an ARGB hub/controller that connects to the motherboard via USB instead.
(So that I can controll the ARGB of the fans plugged into the hub via software.)

So far I managed to find one that connects via USB.
https://www.zalman.com/EN/Product/ProductDetail.do?productSeq=325

But I can only find it being sold along with a bunch of their own fans.

If you know of any, I would appreciate any info.

1 hour ago, Hikusai said:

https://www.razer.com/gb-en/gaming-pc-accessories/razer-chroma-addressable-rgb-controller

This is what I used for an old build that didn't have any Mobo RGB support.

Works pretty well.

Bedroom PC - Lian-Li O11 XL Evo - Intel Core i5 13600k @ 5.4P / 4.4EGhz -  MSI Pro-A Wifi Z790 Mobo DDR5 - 32GB Ram - Gigabyte RTX 4090 - 1TB Samsung 990Pro NVMe - Corsair HX1200i PSU - Dual Custom Loop Cooling - GPU cooled with EK Quantum Surface S240 + EK Quantum Surface P360M X-Flow Rads - CPU cooled with EK Quantum Surface X360M Rad

Living Room PC - Hyte Y60 - Intel Core i9 9900k @ 5Ghz -  MSI Meg Ace Z390 Mobo - 16GB Ram - Palit RTX 3080ti - 256GB Samsung NVMe - Corsair AX850 PSU - CPU + GPU cooled with Hyte Y60 Corner Distro Plate - EK Coolstream S120 + EK Quantum Surface S360 + EK Quantum Surface X240M

Extension PC - Lian Li o11 Dynamic - Intel Core i7 8086k @ 5.1Ghz -  Gbyte Z390 I Aorus Pro Wifi Mobo - 16GB Ram - EVGA RTX 2080ti - 256GB Samsung NVMe - EVGA B5 850W PSU - CPU + GPU cooled with dual EKWB 360 Rads + G1 side EKWB distro plate.

Office - Thermaltake Tower 100 - Intel Core i7 8700K @ 5.1Ghz - Gbyte Z390 I Aorus Pro Wifi Mobo - 16GB Ram - EVGA GTX 1080ti - 256GB Samsung NVMe - EVGA B5 850W PSU - CPU + GPU cooled with dual EK Quantum Surface P120M Rads + Barrow 3-in-1 Block, Res & Pump.

Annex - Corsair 250D - Intel Core i7 3770k - Asus P8Z77 I Delux Mobo - 16GB Ram - EVGA GTX 980ti - 256GB Corsair SSD - BeQuiet P11 750 PSU - CPU cooled with EK Coolstream S240 + S120 Rads + EK Pump / Res Combo

Office - Corsair 280X - Intel Core i7 4790k - Asrock H97M ITX Mobo  - 16GB Ram - EVGA GTX 980 - Corsair SFXL600 PSU - CPU + GPU cooled with triple EK Coolstream S240s + EK Pump / Res Combo

NAS PC - Fractal Node 804 - Intel Core i7 3770k - Asus P8Z77-M Mobo - 16GB Ram - MSI GTX 1660 Ventus - Corsair AX850 PSU - Unraid 15TB Storage Server

Living Room AV Setup 5.1.4 - Yamaha RX-A2060 - 2 x B&W CM9s2 - 2 x Monitor Audio FX Silvers - 4 x B&W CCM665s - B&W CMCs2 - SVS SB13 Ultra - LG OLED65C1

Extension AV Setup - Sonos ARC + Sub (Gen 3) - LG OLED65C6V + Yamaha RX-A1070 - 5 x Monitor Audio C265s (2 Zones)

Bedroom AV Setup - Yamaha WXC-50 - 2 x B&W CM1s - Rel Quake - LG OLED42C2.

17 hours ago, NorKris said:

Hub with usb, also known as a controller. 

but chris is right 🙂 

Sorry, but what do you mean by this?
I was asking for one that connects via USB but it sounds like you're pointing out something else?

The terminology for this device is a bit confusing for me as I don't know the difference between a hub and a controller. And including the term USB when I search for one tends to bring up completely different USB devices, so maybe that's why I've had a hard time finding any.

16 minutes ago, Hikusai said:

Sorry, but what do you mean by this?
I was asking for one that connects via USB but it sounds like you're pointing out something else?

The terminology for this device is a bit confusing for me as I don't know the difference between a hub and a controller. And including the term USB when I search for one tends to bring up completely different USB devices, so maybe that's why I've had a hard time finding any.

to get ARGB to work u need an controller

your motherboard can be a controller

a device with USB and power can be a controller

a device with a IR remote can be a controller

and a hub is a device u use when u need more ports 

Unfortunately, although hubs and controllers are supposed to be different, the industry doesn't care and so many companies incorrectly make name them. 

Edited by RevGAM
Corrected Otto Rong's error.

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

My phone's auto-correct is named Otto Rong.🤪😂

On 3/15/2024 at 6:29 AM, Hikusai said:

Since I don't have an ARGB header on my motherboard, I'm looking for an ARGB hub/controller that connects to the motherboard via USB instead.
(So that I can controll the ARGB of the fans plugged into the hub via software.)

So far I managed to find one that connects via USB.
https://www.zalman.com/EN/Product/ProductDetail.do?productSeq=325

But I can only find it being sold along with a bunch of their own fans.

I have one that connects to sata power, that might be a better option

System Specs:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800x 8-Core Processor

Memory: 32 GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR4

SSD: WD_BLACK SN770 1TB

GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060 12G oc

Motherboard: Asus Prime B-450 A2

Case: MuseTex k2 Mid Tower

Monitor 1: Samsung SyncMaster S27D360

Monitor 2: Samsung Syncmaster S27B350

Keyboard: Razer Onata

Mouse: Razer Viper

On 3/19/2024 at 7:30 PM, ThePCNerd129 said:

I have one that connects to sata power, that might be a better option

That is part of what the OP needs, but they also need the USB or other connection to the mobo so software can be used to control the fans. 

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

My phone's auto-correct is named Otto Rong.🤪😂