Is Ryzen 7600 and Intel A770 any good combo?

Budget (including currency): 150K BDT

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: For casual gaming and software development

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 
My plan is to build a new pc. 

• I would like to go with am5 and choose to go with Ryzen 7700 or 7600.
  • I will stream sometimes ( not a regular streamer or content creator). PUBG, VALORANT, APEX LEGEND etc.
  • My plan is to do 1080p gaming for now. in future will buy a 1440p monitor ( not sure yet.. ha ha ha) 

Currently I can only afford GPU from below

• GUNNIR INTEL ARC A770 PHOTON 16G OC 
  • SPARKLE Intel Arc A770 TITAN OC Edition 16GB
  • Sapphire PULSE AMD Radeon RX 7600 Gaming OC 8GB
  • ASUS Dual Radeon RX 7600 V2 OC Edition 8GB
  • Sapphire PULSE AMD Radeon RX 7600 XT 16GB

Is Intel a770 good combo with Ryzen 7700 or 7600? Let me know your thought about Intel A750 also. 
Thanks in advance.

I'd get a 7600xt, Intel Arc are pretty hit or miss with games running ok others not even launching...

System : AMD R9 5900X / Gigabyte X570 AORUS PRO/ 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance 3600CL18 ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Eisbaer 280mm AIO (with 2xArctic P14 fans) / 2TB Crucial T500  NVme + 2TB WD SN850 NVme + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD drives/ Corsair RM850x PSU/  Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

The 16gb a770 will definitely be an overall more powerful choice for your uses. I recommend the sparkle titan one, sparkle is a revived AIB that isn’t exactly like “old sparkle”, but regardless their cooler designs for arc are solid and simple.

As opposed to the LE which involves glue and war crimes against my fingers.

Nothing really notable going on with compatibility. AM5 as a whole supports resizable bar/above 4g decoding, and has pcie 4.0, so arc will work fine on the platform.

5 minutes ago, PDifolco said:

I'd get a 7600xt, Intel Arc are pretty hit or miss with games running ok others not even launching...

Thanks mate. is  Sapphire PULSE AMD Radeon RX 7600 XT 16GB will be good in terms of cooling, build quality, and performance? 

8 minutes ago, 8tg said:

The 16gb a770 will definitely be an overall more powerful choice for your uses. I recommend the sparkle titan one, sparkle is a revived AIB that isn’t exactly like “old sparkle”, but regardless their cooler designs for arc are solid and simple.

As opposed to the LE which involves glue and war crimes against my fingers.

Nothing really notable going on with compatibility. AM5 as a whole supports resizable bar/above 4g decoding, and has pcie 4.0, so arc will work fine on the platform.

Thanks mate. what about the cooling and performance if I compare with RX 7600 xt? 

2 minutes ago, obayed513 said:

Thanks mate. is  Sapphire PULSE AMD Radeon RX 7600 XT 16GB will be good in terms of cooling, build quality, and performance? 

It'll be ok, all 7600XT chips are pretty similar and the card cooling isn't really an issue at max 190W

Its' faster than A770 and even consumes less (A770 is 225W), and drivers are more mature

image.png.f6f405a91e937031364b05baaf4545c9.png

System : AMD R9 5900X / Gigabyte X570 AORUS PRO/ 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance 3600CL18 ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Eisbaer 280mm AIO (with 2xArctic P14 fans) / 2TB Crucial T500  NVme + 2TB WD SN850 NVme + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD drives/ Corsair RM850x PSU/  Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

23 minutes ago, PDifolco said:

It'll be ok, all 7600XT chips are pretty similar and the card cooling isn't really an issue at max 190W

Its' faster than A770 and even consumes less (A770 is 225W), and drivers are more mature

image.png.f6f405a91e937031364b05baaf4545c9.png

in my country the price difference is 12,000 - BDT ( around $120 USD). still you suggest me to get 7600 xt? 

5 minutes ago, obayed513 said:

in my country the price difference is 12,000 - BDT ( around $120 USD). still you suggest me to get 7600 xt? 

At $120 difference? God no, get the a770 if it’s $120 cheaper 

real world performance difference is very small, and anything where vram is a concern, simply put a 16gb card will do better than any 8gb card.
Ive been using an A770 since launch, and detrimental driver issues were solved over a year ago, and arc has only seen further improvement since. 

33 minutes ago, obayed513 said:

Thanks mate. what about the cooling and performance if I compare with RX 7600 xt? 

The a770 consumes more power and as such will be generally just hotter than a 7600xt, though the handing of that heat comes down to individual models.

The LE a770 16gb I have is just inherently hot, it doesn’t throttle until 100c+ and I haven’t seen it get past 90, but it’ll definitely hit 90c under sustained load.

The sparkle titan being just a very large triple fan heatsink handles that heat much better, it’s an over-engineered cooler for the card. Most reviews of that model show it running substantially cooler than the LE.

Performance will be a lot of trading blows between the two. Some titles the 7600xt will pull ahead a bit, others the a770 will be a little better. Not super drastic changes. Especially in the context of the games you intend to play.

40 minutes ago, 8tg said:

Nothing really notable going on with compatibility.

Game compatibility is the issue, not platform (modern platforms support ARC fine). This is Intel's first dGPU so they don't have the decades of grandfathered-in bugfixes and game tweaks that Nvidia and AMD Radeon (formerly ATI) do. Some games run weird or don't work, drivers are constantly and noticeably improving, but they are still behind Nvidia and AMD. If you're a variety gamer like me, I wouldn't recommend an ARC as your only GPU. I have an A770 because I also have a 2060 Super to fall back on whenever I run into compatibility issues. I'm currently using the 2060 Super because I was playing Fallout 76 for a while, and that runs with such bad framerate and frametimes on the ARC card that it's nauseating. If you only play massively popular DX11 titles Intel specifically patches for, DX11 titles that allow the DXVK wrapper, or DX12/Vulkan titles, then it's a safer bet. I believe they're still having issues with Starfield though, and that's a DX12 title. Red Dead Redemption 2 is also a DX12/Vulkan title, and last I was using my ARC card it had issues with stutter, I found settings that ran smoothly but fire was invisible and there were some other small weird graphical quirks. 

TLDR: I don't advise an ARC GPU as your only card if you play a wide selection of games. 

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

12 minutes ago, obayed513 said:

Huh then no, get the A770 !

In Europe it's same price, maybe €20 more for the 7600XT...

4 minutes ago, Zando_ said:

TLDR: I don't advise an ARC GPU as your only card if you play a wide selection of games. 

I do not know where some of y’all are running into issues with arc at this point. Either everyone else is doing something wrong, or I have some golden ratio combination of an 11900k and A770 that makes everything just work.

I haven’t run across a single game so far that doesn’t just work normally. They don’t always perform as well as they could, but like, if GTA IV with dxvk runs well on the A770 then I don’t think anything will run poorly.

I briefly touched on this with another thread about drivers last week I think, where more than one YouTube outlet including GN showed god awful frame rates in GTA V in 4k.

And here I am, getting 70-80fps at max settings in GTA V in 4k

????

I haven’t had issues with arc since 2022. It outperforms my 3070ti in some scenarios where vram is important. I haven’t had to use dxvk for anything other than the aforementioned gta iv.
It just annoys the hell out of me to see direction away from a clearly better value oriented option, when most of this godforsaken pc community has a value focus anyway, over mostly nonexistent issues.

1 minute ago, 8tg said:

mostly nonexistent issues.

Hardly nonexistent if I went back to a slower GPU for the sake of a playable experience. 

2 minutes ago, 8tg said:

Either everyone else is doing something wrong, or I have some golden ratio combination of an 11900k and A770 that makes everything just work.

Such are computers. I use old HEDT and I dunno if it's the many cores/higher RAM bandwidth of the platform or sheer luck, but I've dodged issues with some games that other folks had a lot of problems with (the Horizon Zero Dawn PC port being the big one, I had 0 stutter in that when many other people had the game constantly choke). 

4 minutes ago, 8tg said:

I briefly touched on this with another thread about drivers last week I think, where more than one YouTube outlet including GN showed god awful frame rates in GTA V in 4k.

????

ARC cards are quirky, it depends on exact settings. I forget which they were, but changing a couple settings in RDR2 is what took it from being stuck permanently at 1fps to running playably. GN could have had one setting different and that made the ARC card or drivers choke up. 

5 minutes ago, 8tg said:

It just annoys the hell out of me to see direction away from a clearly better value oriented option, when most of this godforsaken pc community has a value focus anyway, over mostly nonexistent issues.

I don't believe the ARC is a better value if it doesn't work sometimes. I haven't ran mine in months, but I do check in on the driver updates every month-ish, Starfield is still on their list of a bunch of known issues. No mention of FO76 but they've never mentioned it before. I doubt that's been fixed either. And again 76 specifically runs so poorly that it made me feel ill. Horribly inconsistent frametimes, I've played games at low fps a bunch of times, but inconsistent/stuttery frametimes make me ill. 

want to advise people to grab ARC, I like the cards and I really want Intel to become a proper competitor and hopefully help break Nvidia's stranglehold on the industry, but I don't think they're ready enough to advise spending your money on if you can only afford one GPU. Better to get one that does work, than one that might be a better value if it works. 

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

19 minutes ago, Zando_ said:

want to advise people to grab ARC, I like the cards and I really want Intel to become a proper competitor and hopefully help break Nvidia's stranglehold on the industry, but I don't think they're ready enough to advise spending your money on if you can only afford one GPU. Better to get one that does work, than one that might be a better value if it works.

perhaps their next batch/gen GPUs might be more stable, less buggy and more competitive in terms of overall consistency

seems like the Arc is a hit or miss, but in some scenarios like @8tg's, the GPU might be working well 99% of the time it seems,

I guess I found the real problem,

34 minutes ago, 8tg said:

????

I haven’t had issues with arc since 2022. It outperforms my 3070ti in some scenarios where vram is important. I haven’t had to use dxvk for anything other than the aforementioned gta iv.
It just annoys the hell out of me to see direction away from a clearly better value oriented option, when most of this godforsaken pc community has a value focus anyway, over mostly nonexistent issues

yes, like I said, and like you've seen and experienced most likely, you suffered 0 issues with Intel's Arc,

but there's a small problem with this 0 problem thing, and that's the fact that it's your personal experience, and even personal experience can be valid, the objective overall experince of Intel Arc still may be little bit wonky, no matter how overexaggerated it might sound,

if some people are having issues with Arc that go beyond just fixing it with installing latest drivers, then the Arc's "problem" isn't fully resolved,

again just like @Zando_ I'm rooting for Intel's success in the GPU manufacturer environment, they clearly have the tools and determination to become this mix of Nvidia-AMD amalgamation of both price to performance beasty, already seen in some of the A770's performance beating or getting real close to RTX 4060's performance (and beating AMD), while using some RT, while remaining slightly or moderately cheaper,

but that's just how I see it, yes some of my conclusion comes from GN, but GN isn't the type of review channel to lean towards perticular brand, GN is known for giving cold hard facts and raw data as accurate as possible, going beyond enough to even make followup videos if they did make a mistake on their testing. (not to mention they're not afraid to shame brands/products for whatever they're doing)

Note: Users receive notifications after Mentions & Quotes. 

Feel free to ask any questions regarding my comments/build lists. I know a lot about PCs but not everything.

PC:

Ryzen 5 5600 |16GB DDR4 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1080 ti

PCs I used before:

Pentium G4500 | 4GB/8GB DDR4 2133Mhz | H110 | GTX 1050

Ryzen 3 1200 3,5Ghz / OC:4Ghz | 8GB DDR4 2133Mhz / 16GB 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1050

Ryzen 3 1200 3,5Ghz | 16GB 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1080 ti

so in my country 3060 12g price is same as arc a770