Label system - Server

Hello everyone,

I have a question. I'm looking for a program that easily adds a label system for images/documents.

Currently, I'm using a storage server that contains various projects, primarily old photos and videos. While I can organize everything into different folders, as I work on a project basis and sort by year, month, and project name, I really want a way to have some sort of filter system where I can, for example, specify "Beach." Then, all photos from all projects where I've added the "beach" label would become visible.

This is primarily because, for instance, we've been to the same location 20 times across 20 different projects in 6 different years. Now, I want to be able to label that location and then filter in some way to search for photos of that location.

Think as creatively as possible; it just needs to be Mac and Windows-friendly. Ideas like a Plex server, Dropbox, OneDrive, or anything else are all fair game.

Currently, the server is purely used for file exploration.

~Nick

If you aren't willing to just upload everything to Google Photos or the like, you're probably gonna have to cobble together a pipeline and roll your own metadata tagging and browsing system

5950X/3080Ti primary rig  |  1920X/1070Ti Unraid for dockers  |  200TB TrueNAS w/ 1:1 backup

Thank you!

I'm going to read up on this.

I don't immediately need an AI behind it. On the other hand, this is interesting for me to look into. But I feel free to indicate it by hand.

~Nick