Fans stay at speed after temps fall

W0lv
Go to solution Solved by RevGAM,
8 hours ago, W0lv said:

Recently, I've had a problem with my fans staying at higher RPMs (and therefore louder) even after temps fall back down to idle. Basically whenever I play a game or set a render, fans will increase along the curve I've set for the CPU temps, but when I stop and let my computer sit, temps will go back down naturally with little to no load but the fans stay at the speed they got to until I restart or put my computer to sleep, and they'll fall back down to normal. GPU fans will go down like normal, just not my case/rad fans

It's honestly not that big of a deal, but its annoying so any advice would be very appreciated!

Computer Specs in case they help:

Asus ROG STRIX B550-F Gaming WIFI 2

Ryzen 5 5600G

Corsair iCue H150i Elite LCD AIO

2 Noctua NF-P14s redux 140mm Intake

3 Noctua NF-P12 redux 120mm Exhaust through AIO

32 GB 3600 Mhz Corsair Vengeance RAM

XFX Radeon 6900XT

all in a Lian Li O11 Dynamic EVO

Are you using Armoury Crate (AAC)? If so, are you using Fan Xpert? If yes, which version? If you haven't upgraded it to the newest version, try that first.

If that doesn't work, try closing AAC and make sure it's not still running (check your systray by the clock, and task manager). Also, check task Mgr for MotherboardFanControl and end task on it. If that helps, go into Fan Xpert and disable its ability to control the fans. 

If that doesn't help, download the AAC clean uninstall and let it get rid of everything, especially AI Suite and Fan Xpert, and settings.

Reinstall AAC. Don't use AI Suite because it requires that you turn off a security feature that can leave your PC vulnerable. Do not use the auto-tuning feature in Fan Xpert, just set the curve in FX manually or in BIOS. 

Recently, I've had a problem with my fans staying at higher RPMs (and therefore louder) even after temps fall back down to idle. Basically whenever I play a game or set a render, fans will increase along the curve I've set for the CPU temps, but when I stop and let my computer sit, temps will go back down naturally with little to no load but the fans stay at the speed they got to until I restart or put my computer to sleep, and they'll fall back down to normal. GPU fans will go down like normal, just not my case/rad fans

It's honestly not that big of a deal, but its annoying so any advice would be very appreciated!

Ryzen 5 5600G

XFX Radeon 6900XT

8 hours ago, W0lv said:

Ryzen 5 5600G

XFX Radeon 6900XT

Are you using Armoury Crate (AAC)? If so, are you using Fan Xpert? If yes, which version? If you haven't upgraded it to the newest version, try that first.

If that doesn't work, try closing AAC and make sure it's not still running (check your systray by the clock, and task manager). Also, check task Mgr for MotherboardFanControl and end task on it. If that helps, go into Fan Xpert and disable its ability to control the fans. 

If that doesn't help, download the AAC clean uninstall and let it get rid of everything, especially AI Suite and Fan Xpert, and settings.

Reinstall AAC. Don't use AI Suite because it requires that you turn off a security feature that can leave your PC vulnerable. Do not use the auto-tuning feature in Fan Xpert, just set the curve in FX manually or in BIOS. 

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

My phone's auto-correct is named Otto Rong.🤪😂

20 hours ago, RevGAM said:

Didn't have fan Xpert or AI Suite, but resetting AAC worked, thank you! Honestly didn't even thing of Armoury Crate, I assumed it was something to do with Icue or the Corsair fan controller but couldn't find anything wrong there.

1 hour ago, W0lv said:

Didn't have fan Xpert or AI Suite, but resetting AAC worked, thank you! Honestly didn't even thing of Armoury Crate, I assumed it was something to do with Icue or the Corsair fan controller but couldn't find anything wrong there.

AAC is really possessive, especially when you use the fan controls, and doesn't like to let go. It got better with the new version, but I still don't trust it because it was acting like malware, actually working around registry edits I made to get the fan control on again.

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

My phone's auto-correct is named Otto Rong.🤪😂