M3 MacBook Air cooling

I was wondering if anyone has experimented with thermal

pads to add cooling for the new M3 MacBook Air yet. I remmember LMG got good results from adding them to the M1 Air and from why I have read the M3 is a furnace too.聽

I think it's pretty much the same deal for all M1-M2-M3 Airs, all passively cooled. If you need a more sustained performance, I'd spring for the base model Pro as it has an actual fan. Pretty silly overall, they should just add a fan to the Air as well..

>> Please consider tagging me (with a @) or quoting my reply so I can more easily get back at you! <<

Always happy to help!! 馃

The MBA are pretty well known to be decent for everyday light usage, and short bursts of more demanding work, but they aren't really made to deal with sustained, heavy loads. You're much better off spending a bit more for a base model MBP, with actual cooling, rather than trying to modify the Air in any way.

Razer Blade 14 (RZ09-0508x): AMD Ryzen 9 8945HS, nVidia GeForce RTX 4070, 64 GB 5200 DDR5, Win11 Pro [Workhorse/Gaming]

Apple MacBook Pro 14 (A2442):聽Apple聽M1 Pro APU (8 Core), 16 GB Unified Memory, macOS Sonoma 14.3 [Creative Rig]

Samsung GalaxyBook Pro (NP930QDB-KF4CA):聽Intel Core i7-1165G7, 16 GB DDR4, Win11 Pro [WinTablet]

HP Envy 15-k257ca:Intel Core i5 5200U, nVidia GeForce 840M, 16GB 1600 DDR3, Win7 Pro [Retro]

Toshiba Satellite A70-S2591:聽Intel Pentium 4 538, ATI Radeon 9000 IGP, 1.5 GB DDR RAM, WinXP Pro [Antique]