27" monitor suggestions for first gaming PC upgrade in nearly two decades.

ACEE117

Sorry for the really noob level question here!  I finally purchased a new gaming PC after nearly a decade, and while it isn't the top of the line out there right now, it is a far sight better than what I had previously (think early 00s Geforce fx GPU). Needless to say I am really excited to get back into pc gaming after all this time. Specs are as follows:

Processor: I7-14700KF

Motherboard: MSI Pro z790-p

32gb DDR5-6000mhz

2TB m.2 NVMe Gen4 SSD

GeForce RTX 4070 Super - 12GB GDDR6X

750 Watt 80 plus gold power supply. 

I know I am not going to be playing 4k at 240hz with this set up, but I'd like to at least see 1440p@144Hz if possible (obviously it will depend on the game). This issue is, I spent most of my money on the PC and so I'm on a bit of a tight budget for monitors. I'd really like a dual monitor set up. One screen for gaming/working (CAD work), and another for youtube/email/twitch/etc. I've become very used to having a 3, 4, or 6 monitor set up at the office that having anything less than 2 would feel like working off a laptop. With the desk space I have a 27" screen seems to be the best fit for viewing distance and so forth.  My budget is about $400usd, but I might can stretch that to $500 if it is going to make a huge difference. 

After a week of browsing Reddit, here and youtube, I am lost.  I've looked through Newegg, MicroCenter, Bestbuy (I'd like to avoid them if possible), and Amazon and they all seem to have similar monitors but with different SKUs. So at this point I figured it would be best to ask for help. With that being said, thanks in advance!

TLDR: I need 2 monitors, preferably 27" with a 1440p resolution and 144hz refresh rate. budget of $400-500USD

The MSI G274QPF-QD was recently recommended by Monitors Unboxed (one of the best monitor review channels out there) as one of the best 1440p monitors to get in your price range. It's well rounded with decent color and motion performance. Its main weakness is that it advertises HDR, but doesn't actually get bright enough or have enough contrast to be "true HDR" (in this price range, that's pretty normal.)

If you have around $400 for 2 monitors, I'd prioritize at least $300 of that budget towards your main monitor, and then get a basic $100 side monitor. With $300 you'll be able to get good 1440p >144Hz monitors like the MSI already mentioned or the LG 27GN850-B. And for the side monitor, any 24-27" 1080p 60Hz IPS model should do if you don't have more specific requirements.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.