Static-crackling-intermitten ONLY when discord is running

Wiggen

Hey! 

This issue started in January, I have tried 3 different headphones, 2x wireless 1x corded USB. 

Whenever discord is open/running the audio crackles, static noise's. I have google my brain off and i have tried pretty much every solution there is to be found on google so now i turn to you LTT for more in depth help. 

The super annoying part is that its only happening when discord is running, like wtf is going on?

Details: 

I can power on my PC and play music / movies / series and dont have audio issues but as soon as i open discord it starts, It can happen every 1 minute or 5, sometimes its every 30s-1min. If i then exit discord its 50/50 if the audio returns to normal. If it doesn't i have to restart the PC. 

I am so deep into this that im starting to think that i maybe have RAM, Motherboard, CPU, BIOS? issues, I have not defaulted my motherboard config just yet, I wanted to confer with LTT first. 

If you have any ideas for me please post them and ill reply if i have done them. 

Solutions tried: 

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/skype/forum/all/audio-crackling-when-discord-is-open/66e878e4-1381-426f-85b1-47b7e2beb56b

https://superuser.com/questions/1567400/audio-cracking-whenever-im-inside-a-discord-call-only-happens-on-my-wireless-h

Many of the possible solutions i find on reddit is completely unrelated to mine. 

I dont have any unusual apps installed (voicemods, EQ etc) 

Win11 23H2

Maybe there is a windows update causing this? Cant find information 

I forgot to mention, The solution to change the sound quality in windows from dvd to cd (the KHz) only helped for about 15 minutes. 

On 3/10/2024 at 12:17 PM, Wiggen said:

I forgot to mention, The solution to change the sound quality in windows from dvd to cd (the KHz) only helped for about 15 minutes. 

Hello!! Ive been having the same issues, ill ALT-4 to reload discord, audio will be good for like 30-60 sec, and then it starts getting all poppy/staticy. Have youtube on a chrome tab streaming perfect audio. Did you find a fix?