Pcie retention clip is partially broken and gpu is stuck

Go to solution Solved by C2dan88,
12 minutes ago, Newbieinpcstuff said:

he retention clip isn't fully broken, from what I can see the side of the retention clip snapped off from the main thingy and the retention clip is still locked with the gpu. What should I do to remove my gpu?

I would remove the cpu cooler entirely so you can get better access with your finger/screw driver to release the clip.

I broke my pcie retention clip because I pushed it too hard with a chopsticks (I used chopstick because I can't reach it with my hand, my cpu cooler is humongous) and now I can't remove my gpu. The retention clip isn't fully broken, from what I can see the side of the retention clip snapped off from the main thingy and the retention clip is still locked with the gpu. What should I do to remove my gpu? (motherboard is Asrock B760m steel legend, gpu is 2 fan rx580)

IMG_20240309_201118.jpg

12 minutes ago, Newbieinpcstuff said:

he retention clip isn't fully broken, from what I can see the side of the retention clip snapped off from the main thingy and the retention clip is still locked with the gpu. What should I do to remove my gpu?

I would remove the cpu cooler entirely so you can get better access with your finger/screw driver to release the clip.