Unusual ChatGPT use for crypto scams is growing

Summary

As of late, I have seen an uptick in crypto-scams as well as scams embedded in the YouTube video description by bad actors. For example, YouTube suggested the video below to me. The video has since become unlisted. The video reeks of sketchiness, particularly the comment section and domain metadata. However, the video content / technical instructions seem legit to the common eye. In other words, it would fool me if I were desperate or digitally unaware. This man claims he is a programmer, But it seems awfully nice to just give away information to farm crypto like that.

I placed the link to the unlisted video below (warning: the links to the sketchy domains are in the YouTube video's description. Go at your own risk). Let me know what you think!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBxLhMKd3tU

Quotes

(I placed his YouTube channel information as well as the unlisted video link below. Before you click on any links in this video, be careful. Use your common sense. It is better to be safe than sorry.)

YouTube Channel Description:

- "Hey everyone, welcome to the YouTube Nova Channel. On this platform, we'll delve into programming languages, computer tips and tricks, as well as explore blockchain and crypto technologies."

YouTube Unlisted Video Link:

(again, be careful).

My thoughts

I think many many more scams are going to appear like this. It is interesting how the video ironically warns of scammers, yet the domain he links us to is suspicipusly new. His channel is old, yet the videos are new. He says he responds to comments if you have ay questions, but I just see spam bots praising his video. I was tinkering with the code he has on the video, but haven't put any of my information in the place holders. While the code is legit, I have no way of knowing what his website does in the background. As web domains start becoming Web3, more web-hosted programs like his will appear, for better or for worse. What are your thoughts on this video?

Sources

I attached the link to the unlisted YouTube video here. (again, be careful).

I also screenshotted the video to give you an idea of what I mean.

Screenshot_20240305-112412.png

<-- Moved to General Discussion -->

YT links are not sources allowed for TN posts. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

Can you attach the link to the moved discussion?

Also, Update to anyone there. I found this video showing what the ChatGPT Bot code actually does (Tl;dw: it has hidden code sending crypto to the scammer with no way of returning the money). It took me a long time to find a video with clear informatiom about this specific scam, but I found it nonetheless. I hope this video gets to more people. Be careful out there.