User Account Name can't be changed.

DannyBoii
Go to solution Solved by Agall,
3 minutes ago, DannyBoii said:

I've been trying to find a working method to rename my "user" subfolder. Apparently it's not wise/easy to do. When I reinstall windows it comes back as the same which makes me believe it has something to do with my email attached to the windows account I use to log in. There are also buttons that should be on my control panel that are there for other people but not for me. so I couldn't use the User Accounts section to change it either. Any help is appreciated, I can't seem to find an answer on google.

Could always create another local user then copy+paste the user data into it. That should include all of your browser data nested in Appdata somewhere. Then remove the other account once you're satisfied.

I've been trying to find a working method to rename my "user" subfolder. Apparently it's not wise/easy to do. When I reinstall windows it comes back as the same which makes me believe it has something to do with my email attached to the windows account I use to log in. There are also buttons that should be on my control panel that are there for other people but not for me. so I couldn't use the User Accounts section to change it either. Any help is appreciated, I can't seem to find an answer on google.

3 minutes ago, DannyBoii said:

Could always create another local user then copy+paste the user data into it. That should include all of your browser data nested in Appdata somewhere. Then remove the other account once you're satisfied.

Ryzen 7950x3D Direct Die NH-D15

RTX 4090 @133%/+230/+500

Builder/Enthusiast/Overclocker since 2012  //  Professional since 2017