Game and application crashes seemingly random

reofrax
Go to solution Solved by reofrax,
12 hours ago, reofrax said:

So I took off the side panel a few days ago just to have easier access to stuff. 

I just now realized that when having up a few tabs, discord and BDO the RED LED on the motherboard signaling a CPU problem showed. 

AIO is plugged into AIO_Pump and the iCUE Commander core. I have not taken out the CPU since i put it in last year. The screws to the AIO pump is fastened properly. 

Looking at HWiNFO65 while booting up the game my CPU just skyrockets from 40 degrees to 97-100. then Discord shutsdown, then opera and the game. so it must be a temperature issue? But how would this start by itself 

The culprit is... 100% CPU temp caused by AI Tweaker in BIOS. 

Idk how cus I've only ever turned off/on XMP in bios, but AI Tweaker was on and it was running my cpu into a nuke. 

Ive put it to limit to 90 degrees now, but gna try to redo thermal paste  and reseat AIO pump yet again because if AI Tweaker was on it mustve been on for months and worked fine so something is also causing my cooling to be less efficient. 

randomly explained in this new video

Whenever I play games like Black Desert Online my game just randomly closes (see attachment), or when I'm hanging out in discord it also just randomly closes or shows this dumb error, or when using Opera GX (like only 1 tab open even) i get the error message that something went wrong and its related to the extensions or something else entirely (see attachment). It does happen on other games whenever I play those too. 

I have tried reinstalling the games affected, uninstalling Opera GX and Discord then rebooting before I reinstall. I've reinstalled Windows from a scratch, checked that every component in my PC is properly seated (like GPU, CPU and RAM). I built this computer late last summer and its worked perfectly up until around new years. These issues started seemingly over night. I have had "issues" with temperatures, but a quick google search told me that high temperatures with my CPU is normal.

My build:

• Windows 11 64Bit Home - Version 10.0.22631 build 22631. 
  • ROG STRIX B660-F Gaming Wifi - Bios 2212, 13.12.2022 (NOT LATEST - Unsure if update will actually fix anything. never done that before)
  • Intel i9-13900F (Not overclocked)
  • Corsair Vengeance DDR5 5600MHz 32GB (slotted in A2+B2 on MOBO) 2x16GB

• Corsair RM850 850W PSU White

• Kingston KC3000 M.2 2280 NVMe SSD 2TB (General Storage Drive)

• Kingston A1000 480GB M.2 SSD (Boot Drive)

• ASUS GeForce RTX 3070 DUAL V2

• Case is a Corsair ICUE Airflow 4000X with a Corsair H150i in the front, two 140mm pwm fans in the top and a single 120mm pwm in the back so airflow shouldnt be an issue. 

Other Information:

In event Viewer i used to have actual shitloads of errors and warnings. 80% of these disappeared after i did the clean windows install. the other 19.5% disappeared once i uninstalled Asus Armoury Crate.

I've ran MemTest86 multiple times without any errors. its 100% every time

I've ran System file check from cmd multiple times. never any errors, corrupted or missing files. 

There has been no post issues, no BSOD that I know of, no power on issues or anything of the sort.

added a log from hwinfo65 too where you can clearly see my temperatures rising when I'm already running a twitch stream + BDO and launch Discord (which instantly crashes). (this is with both side panels off). 

If you guys require any other information or log files please ask, this has driving me up the walls for weeks and I can't figure out what the problem actually is. 

black desert online.evtx black desert online2.evtx D2r.evtx Discord.evtx test2.CSV Minidump.zip

17 hours ago, reofrax said:

I've ran MemTest86 multiple times without any errors. its 100% every time

I don't trust memory testers with DDR4 and newer. Seen them miss bad RAM so many times. I would prefer more dump files, but this look like memory. Use the machine normally with one stick at a time. If it crashes with either stick then it's not RAM. The other two components that can look like RAM is storage and the CPU.

Again, would prefer more dump files if you have more or get more in the future. 

37 minutes ago, Bjoolz said:

I don't trust memory testers with DDR4 and newer. Seen them miss bad RAM so many times. I would prefer more dump files, but this look like memory. Use the machine normally with one stick at a time. If it crashes with either stick then it's not RAM. The other two components that can look like RAM is storage and the CPU.

Again, would prefer more dump files if you have more or get more in the future. 

Hi! 

Those two in attachments were the only ones there for the time being, I'll try running on 1x16gb sticks and see what happens. 
I'll post more dump files if i get them in the future. 

16 hours ago, reofrax said:

I have tried running both my ram sticks in separate, still get crashes (see attached event viewer log). 

Would a bios update do anything to combat this problem? No new dump filed were generated. 

bdo crash ram stick 1.evtx 68 kB · 0 downloads bdo crash ram stick 1-2.evtx 68 kB · 0 downloads bdo crash ram stick 2.evtx 68 kB · 0 downloads

No BSOD? You only get dump files from BSODs. 

1 hour ago, Bjoolz said:

No BSOD? You only get dump files from BSODs. 

Ah no. Only the continous application crashes (Opera GX, Discord, games). 

2 hours ago, reofrax said:

Ah no. Only the continous application crashes (Opera GX, Discord, games). 

Ok so can you answer this have you updated your GPU drivers? Scratch that try a sfc scan and a dism scan

sfc/scannow

DISM.exe/Online/Cleanup-Image/Restorehealth

Run CMD in administrator if the issue still persist try cleaning out your cache or if this all fails try a BIOS update

8 hours ago, Chowy said:

Ok so can you answer this have you updated your GPU drivers? Scratch that try a sfc scan and a dism scan

sfc/scannow

DISM.exe/Online/Cleanup-Image/Restorehealth

Run CMD in administrator if the issue still persist try cleaning out your cache or if this all fails try a BIOS update

This is the result. 
Latest GPU driver is installed. 

So now I just wait and see if it continues happening and if it do, BIOS Update? 

UPDATE:

It continued crashing. Did a BIOS update. Will keep you notified.

So I took off the side panel a few days ago just to have easier access to stuff. 

I just now realized that when having up a few tabs, discord and BDO the RED LED on the motherboard signaling a CPU problem showed. 

AIO is plugged into AIO_Pump and the iCUE Commander core. I have not taken out the CPU since i put it in last year. The screws to the AIO pump is fastened properly. 

Looking at HWiNFO65 while booting up the game my CPU just skyrockets from 40 degrees to 97-100. then Discord shutsdown, then opera and the game. so it must be a temperature issue? But how would this start by itself 

12 hours ago, reofrax said:

The culprit is... 100% CPU temp caused by AI Tweaker in BIOS. 

Idk how cus I've only ever turned off/on XMP in bios, but AI Tweaker was on and it was running my cpu into a nuke. 

Ive put it to limit to 90 degrees now, but gna try to redo thermal paste  and reseat AIO pump yet again because if AI Tweaker was on it mustve been on for months and worked fine so something is also causing my cooling to be less efficient. 

randomly explained in this new video