Can someone help with audio input

Kamranbites
Go to solution Solved by Heats with Nvidia,

As far as i can see, this one is configured for a balanced signal. By the way, its a little weird to see, that there are still new amplifiers with that 1980ies chip out there. My first selfmade amplifier had that chip and that was a while ago.

But its OK, not very powerful, but it does the job.

A quick look into the datasheet and 5min of looking at your photos, tells me, that the pin in the middle is ground, the ones next to it, are the inverted inputs, just connect them to ground, and the outer pins are your two normal inputs. I hope it works, when you connect it that way.

Recently, I purchased a 2.1 amplifier and I'm a bit confused by its audio input. It features a 5-pin connector, yet my audio setup only has three components ground, right, and left. I've successfully connected the ground to the '0' on the board, but I'm unsure about which pins correspond to the left and right channels among the five.

Below attaching some pics of board 

Thanks 🙂

17095725804091718831803698855984.jpg

1709572611712391024742964798164.jpg

As far as i can see, this one is configured for a balanced signal. By the way, its a little weird to see, that there are still new amplifiers with that 1980ies chip out there. My first selfmade amplifier had that chip and that was a while ago.

A quick look into the datasheet and 5min of looking at your photos, tells me, that the pin in the middle is ground, the ones next to it, are the inverted inputs, just connect them to ground, and the outer pins are your two normal inputs. I hope it works, when you connect it that way.

On 3/7/2024 at 7:33 AM, Heats with Nvidia said:

Looks like this amplifier is pulling a retro move with its 1980s chip, bringing back memories of your first DIY project!  🎶

Well,

I have checked all those 5 pin all of them are working  except the one on the  right the last pin. And there is no difference in sound just the volume increase in some pins and decrease in some 

Below attaching pic 

I took ground from 0 then connected  one channal at a time on all 4 connector, marked them which ever is producing audio.

(Tda 2030 audio ic)

But the issue is on all 4 channel I am getting hissing sound whenever I connect aux cable to my pc or mobile, is it normal this amplifier hiss or the grounding issue

Screenshot_20240308_104836_edit_817740134275221.jpg

Did you try connecting all three in the middle to ground and use the other two for you signal, as i described?

18 hours ago, Heats with Nvidia said:

Did you try connecting all three in the middle to ground and use the other two for you signal, as i described?

I have traced out first leg of right and left channel tda 2030 ic and 

connected it to aux input,

Which is 2 and 5 pin on connector

Attaching pic of how the final connections looks like 

Screenshot_20240304_233152_com.android.chrome_edit_937811188847003.thumb.jpg.ccac855abb781a91b03af20367210801.jpg