Laptop for a low requirement profile

I am looking for a new laptop with a very low requirement profile for my parents. The laptop will essentially only be used for sorting/managing photos, writing emails and occasionally surfing the internet.
We are currently using an old Windows laptop, but it is very slow and not really user-friendly.
To reduce the administrative tasks to a minimum, I'm thinking about a Macbook. In my experience, they are easier to use for inexperienced users and offer a little more comfort for iphone users.

A newer model would probably be overkill, so I'm wondering what I should look out for and which model generation or series would be best?

Translated with DeepL.com (free version)

1 minute ago, another_user said:

I am looking for a new laptop with a very low requirement profile for my parents. The laptop will essentially only be used for sorting/managing photos, writing emails and occasionally surfing the internet.
We are currently using an old Windows laptop, but it is very slow and not really user-friendly.
To reduce the administrative tasks to a minimum, I'm thinking about a Macbook. In my experience, they are easier to use for inexperienced users and offer a little more comfort for iphone users.

A newer model would probably be overkill, so I'm wondering what I should look out for and which model generation or series would be best?

Translated with DeepL.com (free version)

I bought my grandparents a chromebook. Even though most are not very useful for much more than browsing the internet, checking watching videos etc., they're so much easier to manage, because they're pretty barebones, but user friendly as well, for a cheaper price than a Macbook. I don't know if it'd be worth the money to buy a newer macbook to just browse the internet on, but that's up to you, just giving you my 2 cents.

please tag me for a response, It's really hard to keep tabs on every thread I reply to. thanks!!

Thanks, I'll have a look at some chromebooks too, maybe they really are better.
One of the main reasons for a macbook would primarily be better use with iphones. But as I said, a newer model would be too expensive for the intended use.