Bad V-Ram on GPU.

BotherRed

I have a 3090 with a Bad V-Ram on it.

Are there any Reputable repair shops that I could perhaps send it to to get fixed? I just don't really belive that my town would have one, but I haven't really looked for one. I can see if there is one.
But do you all have someone who you know would fix it and not damage anything?

Depending on the make and model, and if it was purchased new from a reputable retailer it may still have a warranty. As for fixing the issue, you'd need to find out the exact issue it has and send it to someone who specifically fixes that issue. GPU repair is pretty niche. Not a lot of options, if any at all.

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

1 hour ago, SpookyCitrus said:

Depending on the make and model, and if it was purchased new from a reputable retailer it may still have a warranty. As for fixing the issue, you'd need to find out the exact issue it has and send it to someone who specifically fixes that issue. GPU repair is pretty niche. Not a lot of options, if any at all.

I'll get the details later, as I'm head to bed right now. But I did buy it from NewEgg

On 2/28/2024 at 6:13 PM, SpookyCitrus said:

Sorry it took so long.

MSI Ventus GeForce RTX 3090 
Bought from Newegg, claimed to be Refurbished. MSI is the co. that made it. 

Ehh, refurbished may be an issue. You'll need to check through newegg or with the seller if it still has a warranty. MSI most likely doesn't have one anymore, if it's been previously RMAd or sometimes they can be a little stingy with you not being the original owner.

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

1 hour ago, SpookyCitrus said:

Ehh, refurbished may be an issue. You'll need to check through newegg or with the seller if it still has a warranty. MSI most likely doesn't have one anymore, if it's been previously RMAd or sometimes they can be a little stingy with you not being the original owner.

That's what I was afraid of. 

Genuinely, I'd happily pay LTT to fix it and turn it into a video or something because there's no other place I trust enough to do this. 

since you used newegg i assume your in the US, check nortwestrepair's youtube channel.. he has a discord too mail him for information. 

3 minutes ago, Robchil said:

since you used newegg i assume your in the US, check nortwestrepair's youtube channel.. he has a discord too mail him for information. 

I'll look into him

1 minute ago, BotherRed said:

I'll look into him

he should be able to find out exactly what is wrong.. if it's the vram, or the pads beneath them, or pads under the core... etc..