Currently stuck with my current PC.

Yo yo, so I built my first PC back in 2020 (back in covid which prices killed me lmao), but I have a

Ryzen 9 3900x

MSI 2060 OC

AS Rock x570 Phantom Gaming X (with broken USB front panel connector so no front USBs)

and 32GB G.Skill RAM 2400 mt/s

I planned on upgrading to an Asus 4070 OC, Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming WiFi II, and 32GB Corsair RAM. Should I still continue with those upgrades or just sell this current PC and build a whole new one? Will take all the help possible with what to do in every aspect. Appreciate it yall ❤️

4 minutes ago, BallinCollin said:

Yo yo, so I built my first PC back in 2020 (back in covid which prices killed me lmao), but I have a

Ryzen 9 3900x

MSI 2060 OC

AS Rock x570 Phantom Gaming X

and 32GB G.Skill RAM

I planned on upgrading to an Asus 4070 OC, Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming WiFi II, and 32GB Corsair RAM. Should I still continue with those upgrades or just sell this current PC and build a whole new one? Will take all the help possible with what to do in every aspect. Appreciate it yall ❤️

A 5700x3D would also be a noticeable upgrade to your current build.

9 minutes ago, BallinCollin said:

Ryzen 9 3900x

MSI 2060 OC

AS Rock x570 Phantom Gaming X

and 32GB G.Skill RAM

What are you trying to achieve with the upgrade? What to you use the computer for? Over all the GPU would be a good upgrade but I don't see much point in changing the motherboard and RAM.

15 minutes ago, BallinCollin said:

I planned on upgrading to an Asus 4070 OC

4070 would be a great upgrade on the 2060, but if you want to change motherboard and memory I'd switch to AM5, otherwise just use your current CPU or upgrade to a 5700X3D. To be more blunt: changing from X570 to B550 and 32GB DDR4 to 32GB DDR4 is pointless.

1 minute ago, Prometheus935 said:

What are you trying to achieve with the upgrade? What to you use the computer for? Over all the GPU would be a good upgrade but I don't see much point in changing the motherboard and RAM.

So I play some triple-a-games for the most part, but also get dips in FPS on certain games as well. I also did forgot to mention I broke a connector off the front USB panel on the mobo. So since I built this PC I  haven't had front USB plugs (which isn't that big of a deal for me) but I sorta thought it would just be better have to say I have it. my G Skill is 2400 MT/s and just thought upgrading to something faster would be an upgrade in itself.

42 minutes ago, BallinCollin said:

I also did forgot to mention I broke a connector off the front USB panel on the mobo. So since I built this PC I  haven't had front USB plugs (which isn't that big of a deal for me) but I sorta thought it would just be better have to say I have it.

Consider this USB 2.0 to 3.0 adapter
https://www.ebay.com/itm/US-USB-3-0-20-pin-Header-Male-to-USB-2-0-9-pin-Female-Adapter-Short-Cable-/390828650204?_ul=IN

or this USB-C to 3.0 adaper since you have one of these
image.png.8be94b34e54d38cc8607efba78c5635a.png
https://www.amazon.com/XMSJSIY-Header-Adapter-Extension-Motherboard/dp/B09TBCN8NC?source=ps-sl-shoppingads-lpcontext&ref_=fplfs&psc=1&smid=A23JEUSCMF5FP

42 minutes ago, BallinCollin said:

my G Skill is 2400 MT/s and just thought upgrading to something faster would be an upgrade in itself.

It's a good upgrade but you can try overclocking the ram first if you want. You have a pretty decent motherboard and your setup could handle it. Even just enabling XMP and manually increasing the ram frequency can work if you're lucky.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

1 hour ago, BallinCollin said:

Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming WiFi II, and 32GB Corsair RAM

waste of money

replace these sidegrades with a used 200-250$ 5800x3d or a new 5700x3d

as for that 2400mhz ram i assume its pretty old so dual rank which means itll outperform even a 3600c16 (non bdie scam bin) single rank 32gb kit that youd get nowadays, send a thaiphoon burner pic to identify ram ic, are these 2x16 or 4x8? if 2x16 theyre definitely dual rank but if 4x8 they can potentially be quad rank which means 250-300trfc for ~3800 and extra performance due to tight subtimings albiet may be abit of a pain to tune, though if 4x8 that consists of 2 2x8 kits mixed together send 4 thaiphoon burner pics to identify all ics cause very likely to be mixed ics

as for the 4070 consider getting a 4070 super which should be around 600$ but quite abit better performance wise compared to a regular 4070, worth the extra 60-80$ over the 4070