Suggestions for an ITX Case

HarperBrett
Go to solution Solved by wng_kingsley7,

EVGA Hadron Air, Coolermaster Elite 130/120, Fractal Design Node 304.

There are so many options, I was just looking for some insight as to what everyone has built in, and how everything turned out. 

I'm upgrading my main rig and want to do something with my left over hardware. 

Requirements are:

1. ITX board/form factor

2. Fit a small GPU, will probably get a 750(ti), this will be a small rig, light gaming, HTPC...

3. ATX psu, I know as case size goes down, psu has to as well, although I would like to just reuse the psu I have, I would be open to moving to something like a sfx or 1u psu if needed.

4. I'm really in love with the Noctua NH-L9i and would love to use it, so minimum height is 66mm (70 to be safe), but would like to possibly throw another fan on top, 93mm with the fan. But like I said, kinda low powered rig, so not a big deal if the second fan doesnt fit (I can always try to mod something in...)

So if you guys have any suggestions and they meet the requirements, I would love to hear it. I'm open to any designs, but would prefer that the gpu doesn't hang... so either a board that lays flat, or even just something with an adapter. But then again, I'm just being really picky at this point.

Would love to hear what you guys come up with, or if you've got any better ideas.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

<| Project M13 & Silverstream. Other DIY projects |>

Cooler Master Elite 120. Really easy to build in, more so than the 130 IMO. You can replace the 80mm side intake and 120mm (I think, might by 140mm) front intake with Noctuas if you want. The l9 will require a lower powered CPU in an mITX build unless you can get a lot of air over it - so if you are going to use a more power hungry CPU you may want to use the Cooler MasterHAF 915R or the Elite 130 or something similar.

Thanks for the suggestions from everyone, I think I'll probably go for the Node 304, I really like the design of it, plus it will accommodate the noctua cooler I want, plus some extra room. Plus it's looks so elegant.

Thanks for the suggestions from everyone, I think I'll probably go for the Node 304, I really like the design of it, plus it will accommodate the noctua cooler I want, plus some extra room. Plus it's looks so elegant.

Your welcome.

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

<| Project M13 & Silverstream. Other DIY projects |>

Bitfenix Prodigy M or Collossuss Mini ITX. Both support full ATX power supplies.

Owner of a top of the line 13" MacBook Pro with Retina Display (Dual Boot OS X El Capitan & Win 10):
Core i7-4558U @ 3.2GHz II Intel Iris @ 1200MHz II 1TB Apple/Samsung SSD II 16 GB RAM @ 1600MHz